Why is that despite much larger userbase, their packages are outdated compared to other bsds?

Why is that despite much larger userbase, their packages are outdated compared to other bsds?
OpenBSD libX11: 1.8.2
NetBSD libX11: 1.7.3.1 (binary) 1.8.1 (source)
FreeBSD libX11: 1.7.2

Attached: images (18).jpg (563x545, 32.29K)

muh stability

Attached: 1609530893795.jpg (1199x639, 131.69K)

kys troon

kys bot

because freebsd's "userbase" only uses it through virtual machines
their laptops run macos and their servers run linux

Of course it runs netbsd

no one uses freebsd

Also FreeBSD has an inferior wireless stack to OpenBSD, for example Intel AX200 works at normal speed while it does at half speed on FreeBSD

It's because its developed by jeets and trannies as opposed to a team of white devs

yea i tired it before and my internet was slow as fuck on it

Streaming services like netflix use it because it has lower latency than linux.

Didn't they lose a lot of their talent when they forced that bullshit CoC on everyone. I recall it having a bit of momentum, then the CoC hit and interest fell of a cliff.

i thought it was because of the cluck loicence

quick question, how does ax210 fares on any bsd ? is it supported at all?

Why would they care what license does the backed have? They aren't selling it.
And they also contribute the code directly to freebsd.

>large userbase

Well, they deal with content streaming, which usually requires proprietary DRM, so I'm thinking they might be wanting to invest in an ecosystem that won't cause legal problems in their future products/services (unlike GPL). Do they do TV boxes?

huge corporations benefit most from the gpl'd code. like, linux, literally millions of people doing it for free. and once gpled nothing can be contributed back to bsd code again. looks like to me gpl is actively harming free software.

> machines their laptops run macos and
> their servers run linux
2/10

You're clearly posting low effort bait, but eh I'm bored so I'll bite.

>huge corporations benefit most from the gpl'd code.
Everyone benefits from GPL code. What's your metric here, huge corporation = huge benefit?

>back to bsd code again.
This makes no sense. Why would there even be a "back to bsd" if bsd had nothing to do with it in the first place? And why "again"? ESL or just retarded?

>looks like to me gpl is actively harming free software.
I often see this sense of entitlement and hypocrisy from permissive licence advocates. You like the idea of "freedom" but not when it comes to the freedom of others to licence their shit however they want.

The smartest GPLtard.

>nobody uses it
>every uses it because it has a freer license
Make up your mind GuoAnBu/Linux shills