Is it true that you cannot find a programmer job after 40?

Is it true that you cannot find a programmer job after 40?

Attached: Leslie_Lamport.jpg (393x500, 38.09K)

yes but also no

by the time you have 20 years of experience you might as well start your own company

This nigga looks 60

he's 81

You cannot find any job after 40 unless you want to be a Walmart door greeter. No one wants to pay a boomer with dwindling intelligence.

38 and just got a new job. Hoping I won't need a job after 40

You're not going to work at FAGMAN, but you might be able to find something. Everyone talks about these ultra-competitive giants, but there are a lot of smaller companies that need programmers too. I got my first programming job in my 30's.

>job at 40
user by 40 you should either be consulting or running your own engineering office

> You're not going to work at FAGMAN
so the diversity policy doesn't take care of seniors?

boomers are conservative and hate niggers by nature, so its understandable

No. My dad got a job at G*ogle when he was in his early fifties

How much/what kind of work had he done before then and what was his background?

Age comes decades of experience, in his case engineering/mathematical work and some grad school stuff. People here will always make up cope about getting or not getting jobs, but it's almost always bullshit

It is hard to find any kind of job once you go past 50, except from programming where the knife comes down when you are 40. There will always be exceptions but by and large this is true, and I know plenty of people in this situation.

i'm gonna graduate next year with a CS degree at 40, am i fucked?

no

High hopes.

You will find a job if you are flexible about what work you do - often its mundane stuff like Powershell, .bat, VB.Net and VBA that people will pay you to do. A lot of business and government uses ancient IT and need good programmers to keep it going a bit longer. Those places are often likely to consider a 40+ applicant too

Just spend 10 years making a shitty zelda knockoff

Attached: 1610906929472.jpg (314x314, 62.73K)

Basado and muratoripilleado