Why would you buy an e-reader when you can get the ipad?

Why would you buy an e-reader when you can get the ipad?

Attached: 20220726_050902_copy_2577x4576.jpg (2577x4576, 1.18M)

eye pad emits dangerous amounts of blue light radiation, not good if you want full 8-9 hours of sleep every night.

Blue light shit is a meme. The e reader also emits some.

e-reader is more comfy

I only read at the pool.

Attached: ipad glare.jpg (1280x720, 46.5K)

If e-reader emits light why I can't see it at all on the darkness?

Why would I buy an iPad when I can get a book?

>Blue light shit is a meme
Nope, sleep quality improved immensely once I cut out blue light radiation 2 hours before I intend to go to sleep. I don't even have a good bed to sleep on, it's a box spring mattress I bought for like $200 10 years ago.

Why buy a bike when you can get a car?
(pretend you're not a schizophrenic burger when reading this analogy)

I actually wanted to buy an e-ink tablet, but it seems that there are not many options. A thing that looks like paper when writing. The ones that exist seem to have a high response time or too expensive. Does anyone have one (e.g. ReMarkable)?

You can pirate books on your ipad.

i can stay awake all night on my phone. the second i pull my ereader out and begin to read, my ass instantly falls asleep within ten minutes, no more

if you're a dumbass and you buy one with a backlight

If I want something with a color glossy screen, I'll just stick a two in one laptop.

Attached: PXL_20220726_034808758.jpg (3024x4032, 2.85M)

reviews on that ereader indicate that you have to pay a subscription for google services which is no good, get an ereader for books and an ipad for notes and enjoy the strengths of both.

I have an older Boox Max 3.
Vastly prefer it over working with an iPad

Battery life, and easier on the eyes.

Because reading books on a tablet is a terrible experience through and through. When you’re in a moderately dark room, you need to keep the display brightness so low you‘re losing contrast. When you’re in a bright area you have to either deal with glare or crank up the brightness so much that you drain your battery in 6 hours.

The "blue light causes retina cancer" shit is a meme. Looking at excess blue light at night fucks with your circadian cycle and hurts your sleep though.

E-reader with e-ink screen like reading a book with a reading light, not like looking into a largely blue lamp.

If you can get the sedan for $3000, why get the meme Lambo for $2M.
I only want to read, which the e-reader does better.
>Car analogies
blow me

Couldn't you install a blue light filter on it or something?

Best e reader for manga?

Boox Max
13" so you can comfortably read in dual page mode.
Android so you can install your favorite readers and downloaders.

I have a question for people who avoid iPads and use e-readers because of the blue-light issue.
When I read late at night on my iPad, I crank up Night Shift to the max and make everything reddish orange. If I were to use a no-backlight Kindle or something, I’d have to use a (probably bluer) light above my head to be able to read in bed. I’ve chosen low-energy (3500K?) CFLs, but I doubt they’d be as low-energy as my iPad. Are iPads really that bad as long as you’re not juggling notifications or actually responding to people on the internet like I’m doing now?

Attached: those teenagers deserved it, change our minds.png (582x415, 671.94K)