10 years ago you could have lived comfortably without the Internet, social media or a smartphone

10 years ago you could have lived comfortably without the Internet, social media or a smartphone

Attached: fetchimage.jpg (700x394, 137.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kiwifarms.net/members/canoodler.50977/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>social media
sure
>internet
hell no, been online since 1989
>smartphone
bearable, not comfortable

whats your point bruh

Attached: 1658416779512737.jpg (720x700, 344.45K)

You could still get everything you wanted from movie stores, games stores and television 10 years ago

Nah, I pirate games and movies since znes days

The Internet is real life now. There's no longer a separation between them. We are all terminally online

Have some will power, faggot.
Imagine coping this hard.

10 years ago you could have lived comfortably without the VR glasses, the pod or vax certificate on your neck at all times

Attached: 500.jpg (1280x1080, 644.71K)

You're saying that online.

100 years ago you could have lived comfortably without a car.

I'm not the bitch complaining.
If I wanted to I could life offline no problem.

>10 years ago
That would be 2012, not 1990.

>10 years ago
Ah yes, the Internetless days of 2012

kiwifarms.net/members/canoodler.50977/

Attached: 50977.gif (200x200, 66K)

When I was younger I spent my time on Any Forums and gamefaqs. I remember first seeing Reddit and thinking how fucking stupid it was to reference memes in real life, to create things about memes in real life, and to actually use memes in conversation in real life. I thought this merging of worlds was really gay and just like some great books look retarded when they're made into movies, the funniness of memes did not translate to real life socializing at all and even if they did, most memes weren't funny enough to warrant bringing them into real life, they were just little jokes. What I didn't realize was how this was just a small portion of what was going on. How everything would merge and how alienating that would be. I hate the internet. I hate everything about it now. I hope this shit gets old for everyone else soon but it makes me sad that there's no next step. Even if some new realm did come into existence, because of how quickly and far information travels on the internet, this new realm would be ruined faster than ever.

>in 2012

no

>tfw live leak shut down

i feel the same way user. for me it was Any Forums and filefront forums. i trolled the hell out of filefront forums and even became a mod on the warcraft 3 filefront page. so many people would get pissed off when i would praise george bush back then lol. i even made a poll on the warcraft 3 page about who would win, bush or kerry, and i rigged the poll to make bush win (he was losing in the poll by actual votes). then laughed my ass off when he won the 2004 election. the salt was amazing.
but outside that, when i first saw reddit i thought it was retarded. same with facebook and twitter. the idea of memes was cringe. then i saw that on tv commercial back during obama years where the government put out an anti smoking video that had a ton of memes in it. like that "overly attached girlfriend" was in it.

the internet for me was a joke. and seeing it merge into real life has made life a joke. you can really see this with the tranny menace. online you can pretend to be a women and no one will know (on the internet, no one can tell you are actually a dog "meme."), but in real life you're not. but the internet warps our minds and makes it that people can no longer tell what's real anymore. reality has become an inconvenient truth for so many people. so they want to abolish reality. the internet ended up being worse than nukes for humanity. we were not made to be connected 24/7 to each other. and it allows people to live out their delusions and they get mad their delusions are not real life.

and with facebook, and even myspace, i thought it was stupid because why the hell would you want to plaster the real you on the internet? it was going to cause massive problems. and look, it has. so many people fight but now know WHO you are. people get fired from work because they posted wrong think on facebook or twitter...

and twitter, i still don't understand it. with the character limit i saw it no different than a status update on facebook or myspace. i made an account originally just to troll people and my first ever treat was, written in german, "gassing the jews in my toilet by pooping in it." like seriously, why the fuck do people like twitter? with the character limit you can't really explain yourself. you limit yourself, and it allows people to quickly take shit out of context and use it to smear you.

oh look, that's what twitter turned into. so dumb. at least here on Any Forums i can just call people faggots and niggers after i post my autistic rants. and i can write paragraphs of shit.

oh and remember when they got high off their ass with the arab spring shit? thinking their platforms where in use to spread "democracy" and all that bullshit? lmao, all they did was ruin the middle east even more and become apart of the globalhomo deep state. facebook, twitter, all big tech are, on their own free will, holding hands with the government. they both influence each other. no one controls the other. they are one in the same.

user, I remember when getting lost while traveling was just a thing that happened. Instead of panicking, we spotted at a gas station, took a piss, bought a coke, and asked the attendant where we were.

There wasn't this constant requirement to be available. If someone called and you weren't home, whoever answered left you a note.

Life was better. Peak technology were pagers and payphones.

yup, we were not built to be connected 24/7 and we shouldn't be. its driving people insane.