What do those anti depressant pills do? Will it make me not feel happy or sad basically...

what do those anti depressant pills do? Will it make me not feel happy or sad basically? Will I not care about my misery? Will I go crazy and kill myself?

I can’t take this stress anymore its daily misery all the time and brain pain

Attached: 3DA3CAF1-3CF0-4E33-8758-E19D393E2016.gif (240x135, 1.64M)

Depends on your personal biology and what pills you're taking. Some pills made me feel nothing at all. Not sad not happy not excited. I felt like a robot and it was almost worse than the depression. Almost. I changed medication several times and when I found something that worked (and didn't just suppress all emotion) it was great

SSRIs literally fry your brain permanently.

how many options of pills are we talking here? I’m going to take one for several weeks to test and if not i got 40 more to try? what’s feel great the pain gone but still happy and enjoying normal emotions like sad and joy?

Attached: 71E8A087-2F7B-4DF5-B5A4-B360C19E10F2.jpg (883x1385, 800.9K)

i’m one bad day from offing myself

Ok. And?

listen to I got lucky and found something that worked first try, it's helped a lot. The only negative is that it kills your libido :/

I had similar experience to a previous poster. They eventually made me emotionally numb... like he mentioned like, a robot. It's not necessarily bad if you're suicidal. I took it more for anxiety, which it did control (cipralex aka. escitalopram aka. lexapro). I was on it maybe 4 years, then went off of it. Strange thing is, I can take a mega-dose of magic mushrooms and have basically no effects... it is supposed to supress the effects when you're on the drug, but I thought it's supposed to not suppress effects after you get off of it, after a few months.

It's terrible stuff to come off of, like brain zaps for at least a few weeks.

If you're in misery, I'd say take it. Once stabilized, you could get some therapy and eventually try coming off of it. It's important to take care of your mental health - most guys are just too big of pussies to get help for that ailment, and instead resort to alcohol or hard drugs for relief... that path leads to bad shit... just had a 43 year old cousin die from alcoholism... died alone in his bed, in his mother's house... a first class loser; if he had some balls, he would have gotten proper help from a doctor and / or therapist.

I would say I still felt happiness at times, but it felt somewhat hollow without the full range of emotions.

There are several drugs... probably would take trying 3 or 4 types max. Typically you'd go on a drug at least 3-4 months, and if it doesn't help they'd switch you to a different one for a similar period of time.

does the brain go back to normal, google said 9 months to be back fully but is there damage or change that’s permanent

idc if long term in my 60s there’s some big kidney problem or whatever they were saying as maybes

After today, they don't seem to be doing shit for me.

What prescription do you have?

do yourself a favor and before you try pills, try getting more sleep. you are prob in a bad cycle of staying up super late. lack of sleep can cause anxiety, inability to cope, and depression. if you can't get to sleep a doctor could prescribe a limited supply of valium to help (don't get hooked on that shit though).

I don't think the science is really well understood... raising seretonin levels with the drug generally has a positive impact to get rid of depression and/or anxiety. I suppose you'd just have to weight the pros and cons. Being miserable isn't any good, and taking them versus feeling like crap / killing yourself seems like a no-brainer. You can always stop taking them. I think they should work out of your system and you go back to normal neurotransmitter levels after a while, as you noted. I'd consider it quite low risk to give it a try, even if it takes trying a few different ones over a year or so.

i’m going to a psychiatrist in the next month idk anything really

If you're me and half my friends that are prescribed SSRIs, you turn into an emotional zombie. It sucks, and that's why I quit taking them.

Other half of my friends it made them not want to kill themselves so that's cool, but for the most part they're still sad, just to a lesser extent.

"They change your brain chemistry"... Atleast thats what the doctor told me.
When i told him they made the walls look like they were breathing, he said thats just my head getting use to them.
Went cold turkey walls stoped moving realized the state wont help you if your sad your just a number to them.
Gotta figure stuff out on your own because your all you got, but the help from others can put you on a good path.
Your never alone and when you are be at peace, you got this its your world to conquer.

The risk of suicide while starting meds is because in depression your too low energy to kys. When the meds start working you get a little more motivated to do things in life and sometimes that means people get the motivation to go through with thier an hero plan.

I'm on 3 different anti depressants at small doses. One for dopamine, one for serotonin, and one is for sleep but it's technically an anti depressants.

I found what it does is takes the hills and valleys of emotion I experience and makes the hills smaller.

The sexual side effects are lame. You can almost never nut while having sex and it's annoying. You might also lose your desire to have sex.

The answer to the obvious question is.....if your life is unmanageable because of your emotional state then give em a try. It's worth a shot.

Also know if you start taking them your brain chemistry will never be the same again.

i'm guessing you're an ameripoor and that's why your asking us instead of a doctor/psychologist.

they will basically even out your mood, you won't get really happy or sad, just somewhere in the middle. you will still feel happy and sad, just not extremes. the negative is that once you start taking them you have to essentially take them forever or risk a huge increase in extreme emotions if you stop suddenly.

It will help regulate serotonin receptors, which can affect your mood

Don't listen to this fuckhead... you don't have to figure stuff out on your own. You need help, and there's professionals that actually give a shit and can help you. I absolutely can't stand these fuckheads that think you have to go it alone - that's what leads people to killing themselves on alcohol and hard drugs to cope with their mental problems.

You should work with the psychiatrist to make that decision. Most psychiatrists try to avoid medicating you, advocating for therapy work first.

I take escitalopram, a lightweight SSRI. It doesn't make me feel happy, it just makes my moods less volatile. It basically dampens my emotions somewhat, which works for me.
Side effects include risk of weight loss and loss of libido, though neither have been a problem for me. Stopping is pretty easy, I've gone off of them before without issue and restarted without issue.

Some SSRIs can be pretty nasty if you stop taking them. Like welbutrin.

>you have to essentially take them forever or risk a huge increase in extreme emotions if you stop suddenly

That hasn't been my experience at all... I quit taking them after 4 years, and feel okay now. I'm not on anything now.

To clarify, it doesn't make me feel artificially happy. I can feel happy on my own, kek.

did you ween yourself off or go cold turkey?

Cold turkey.