If I enjoy typing in Latex, does that mean I would also enjoy programming?

If I enjoy typing in Latex, does that mean I would also enjoy programming?

Attached: latex.png (1186x729, 64.4K)

fuck no

Latex is a markup language and has nothing to do with programming. You aren't implementing logic, you are simply typing commands on how something should look.

Just because it visually appears similar to lines of code, for the untrained eye, doesn't make it the same.

Can't say, they're completely different. Maybe you'd like frontend web dev. By that I mean the pixel-perfect layout creating aspect.

Aren't you still typing commands; it's just more complicated

react with tailwind perhaps

do you like the outcome or do you like autistically typing your document? in the latter case you might like programming

You would enjoy writing shaders, its 100% math.

Contrary to the other anons, I'm going to say possibly yes.
Markup isn't programming, but it's related and similar in some ways. Programmers are definitely more likely to use and enjoy Latex and other non-WYSIWYG systems vs other people.
Being decent at maths also increases the likelihood that you'll take well to programming.

If you have the time, you should consider doing some Python tutorials, or taking CS50, or something like that.

haha, no
just because you are comfortable with convoluted text doesn't necessary mean you will enjoy programming.
you should try it tho since regex is basically this

You would enjoy front end

the goal of a markup language like latex or html is to type in the commands
the goal of higher level programming is to avoid typing in the commands whenever possible

There is almost no relationship, no.

use markdeep

Latex is turing complete

thats pretty shit take the texmaker pill and clean up all the noise.

yes and no.You can transition to html and css easily you can make static sites and some animations.Javascript is also an option if you have the stomach for it.

True. Doesn't LaTeX--or was it TeX have improbability? I read a book about the two a long time ago but didn't retain anything.
I remember it being really entreating.

I'm a math graduate student and most of the people I work with know LaTeX; most of them don't like programming. So I would say the answer is no. I happen to like programming, but I'm in the minority.

TeX is literally a programming language.

Programming is not about typing. You type may be like 20 minutes and the rest 2 hours you spend doing weird shit and thinking how to do it. This is what brainlets imagine programming would be, just learn few keywords and type lmao, no that's not how it is.