Python is just a C-like lisp

Python is just a C-like lisp

Attached: py.jpg (539x303, 19.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lua.org/pil/16.1.html
dreamsongs.com/CLOS.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you must know C to appreciate python and you must know assembly to appreciate C

python is nothing like lisp desu. lisp is pure freedom while python is all about muh meme pythonic, muh retarded syntax, muh libraries to do literally anything, muh forced oop

Fuck pythonic. Write how you want and it's a decent language.

I'm not gonna fall for the python good or bad flamewar bait.
that's completely irrelevant here because either way it's nothing like lisp

Python has no macros and it has crappy lambdas. If you were to pick a mainstream scripting language that is most like lisp, I would say Ruby, because it was heavily inspired by smalltalk and lisp, with perlisms in the mix.

It absolutely is.
The way that tables and metatables can be used to construct classes is exactly how Python implements classes with dictionaries.

lisp is useless, python is useful big difference.

>look bro in lisp (implementation name not mentioned) you can use this one retarded way to make a class
>wooww that's how this one python feature is implemented
>BRO THEREFORE PYTHON IS MODERN DAY LISP
what a retard kek

>it's nothing like lisp
>THEREFORE PYTHON *IS* MODERN DAY LISP

>I'm the retard

errrrrrmmmm YIKES... that doesn't seem very pythonic to me user? i think you should really make sure theres a bit more pythonic in there, it needs to be more pythonic ... thisi s REALLY important to our project haha, you want your PR to be approved don't you user?

Attached: Chino_and_Meg_from_GochiUsa_Python.jpg (1520x1080, 263.95K)

God that tummy

>one retarded way to make a class

I'm sorry, is there another way to make classes in Lisp I'm not aware of? Or are you saying classes are always retarded?

>I'm sorry, is there another way to make classes in Lisp I'm not aware of?
yes, look up CLOS

It has some lisp-like qualities. I don't think it can do full "let over lambda," to the extent that lisp can, but then most languages can't (and probably don't need to much of the time). That being said: pure untyped lambda calculus is the pathway to abilities that many seem to be unnatural.

All the scripting languages are mostly based on Lisp.

Same is true for many scientific programming languages: R, Julia, & Ocaml iirc.

Googling came up with nothing.
The official docs illustrate implementing classes with tables and metatables.
lua.org/pil/16.1.html

Link me or you're full of shit.

I am the retard. I read Lisp as Lua

CLOS is in the standard: the macros defclass, defmethod, and defgeneric handle most of CLOS, but there's more granular stuff you can get into. This provides an overview:
dreamsongs.com/CLOS.html

See

Anyone who knows any assembly despises C and anyone who knows anything despises python.

>It has some lisp-like qualities
lol no it don't

OCaml has a different lineage (comes from ML as the name implies). Julia is literally a frontend for femtolisp. R doesn't even remotely have anything the least bit lispy, it's even more anti-lisp than python (also hell to use for anything but plotting graphs with ggplot2).