What kind of oscilloscope should i be looking at for hobby/home stuff?

what kind of oscilloscope should i be looking at for hobby/home stuff?

Attached: oscilloscope.png (500x500, 238.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GZJ_yL6gqRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whatever is available used for cheap. Unless you've got money to burn then that's a different story.

just pick the one that makes your kokoro go doki doki
you'll know when you see her

If you're working with audio circuits, you can just get the cheap ones.

avoid anything keysight since they're kikes who no longer sell to hobbyists. also their low end gear has shit memory.

if you want something you can grow into, siglent or rigol 4 channels 100 mhz. rigol ds1054z can still be hacked to 100 mhz, that's what i have. siglent 1104x-e/x-u are supposed to be pretty good, too.

>keysight since they're kikes who no longer sell to hobbyists
keysight ever sold to hobbyists?

> siglent 1104x-e
most likely best 4ch scope you can get for sub 1k at the moment

analog bc they pretty :)

Desu

Do they make you feel like you're operating military equipment in a 90s movie?

How much more should I spend for 4 channels over 2?

pic rel is a beauty, but youll have to pay a lot for it plus youll have to navigate the whole "we only sell to businesses" autism.
t. tried to buy one and got told to fuck off.

just get a siglent or a rigol, dont overthink it. and dont spend more than $600 if this is your first scope.

id recommend avoiding buying any cheap old analog scopes, itll just take up space, energy, and wont be nearly as useful for the kind of stuff you do today (mostly highly transient digital packet kind of signals vs. continuous analog signals of the 80's/90's, which is the era for which analog scopes were really made for.)

easy answer: don't buy 2 channel scopes, full stop. its just too limited. unless that 2 channel scope is going to have a very fixed function, e.g. data acquisition for an industrial application, etc.

Be scope for sub 1k is the mso5074
4 channel, 4 350mhz probes, 8gsa/s, unlockabled to 350mhz from 70mhz, enough sampling rate to compete with 5k+ scopes.
Without taxes you can get it at sub 1k.
You get a 4k scope at 1k.
Bought mine in february because used 25mhz scopes from the 80s went for 350+ euros in my cunt... so I bit the bullet.

Attached: ED7BC53F-FCF2-4DA5-9EE6-EFC59271EF34.gif (1376x1106, 393.27K)

I bought a hantek6022 off aliexpress, for 60 nzd its very good for basic stuff amd its helped me a lot with my engineering degree. Alternatively you should be able to fimd a crt oscilliscope being thrown ojt somewhere most of those are also good enohgh for basic shit

youtu.be/GZJ_yL6gqRg

I have the Hantek DSO5102P

is that your chink speech2text channel? holy fuck.

I've had a 2 channel scope for ages and honestly it doesn't limit me that often. But when it does do limit me, it does so massively. Might upgrade to 4ch, we'll see. What's a good 4ch? Not too expensive if possible.

I have a Siglent 1202-E 2ch 200mhz, never missed the additional channels for typical Arduino/hobby shit. When I want more channelz I use the Saleae USB thingy I stole from my previous job.

the kind you get at a university surplus auction

Attached: 1622156631223.jpg (480x360, 35.38K)

they make you feel like shit because they lack functionalities and they aren't even good at what their job

Attached: mario_hatred.jpg (1200x976, 81.32K)

you lack a soul faggot.

and you lack a degree/job larping nigger

you are supposed to be a code monkey not a probe monkey