/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>UPGRADE & BUILD ADVICE
Post build list or current specs including MONITOR: pcpartpicker.com/
Provide specific use cases (e.g. 4K editing, high FPS gaming)
State budget and region

>NEWS
New CPU and GPU generations later this year

>RECOMMENDED CPUs**
HTPC(4K60)/Web Browsing: i3 10105 | Zen 2 equivalent
Budget Gaming: i3 12100/F | R5 5600
Best Gaming: R7 5800X3D | There is no Intel equivalent
Multicore Productivity: i7 12700/F | R9 5900X/5950X

>RECOMMENDED GPU PERFORMANCE LEVEL
Budget 1080p: Used GTX 1070; new RX 6500 XT (PCIe 4.0 systems only)
1080p: RX 6600 / RTX 3060
1440p: RX 6700 XT / RTX 3070
2160p: RX 6800 XT / 6900 XT / RTX 3080

>RECOMMENDED RAM
2x 8GB DDR4 3200/3600 CL16, Dual Rank is recommended for AM4 CPUs

>RECOMMENDED COOLERS
linustechtips.com/topic/891730-cpu-cooler-performance-tier-list/

>RECOMMENDED PSUs
Gaming: 500-850W depending on GPU (aim for 50-75% utilization at load, Nvidia requires more wattage than AMD for same performance)
cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

>RECOMMENDED SSDs
Standout: WD SN770
ssd.borecraft.com/

>MOTHERBOARD INFO:
AM4 B550/X570 - CPU-less BIOS flash feature advisable if pairing with Ryzen 5000
build-gaming-computers.com/motherboards-with-bios-flashback.html

>RECOMMENDED MONITORS
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/dP3v4D

Previous:

Attached: i am moving.jpg (717x720, 100.07K)

>R7 5800X3D
No.

>>RECOMMENDED CPUs**
>HTPC(4K60)/Web Browsing: i3 10105 | Zen 2 equivalent
4K60 is a total meme for HTPCs.
When will 120Hz become the new 60Hz?
I don't care about /high/ refresh rates I just want 120Hz because it's a magic number for preventing judder on 24fps shit while allowing seamless playback of 30 and 60 FPS stuff. 60Hz should be made illegal for new displays.

what about tpu's and qpu's

Yes

Attached: 1652386953936.jpg (1024x1276, 150.33K)

>no 12400 in recs
lmao shit OP

do you believe the Raptor Lake leaks?
do you think buying ADL atm is a bad idea?

4k 120hz displays are already a thing. The issue is good luck finding any content that is actually 120hz without sacrificing resolution.

Wait, is my 144hz hampering my animu watching experience?

never because of the cost.

You don't even need more

Attached: t4.png (690x626, 26.72K)

I want to reduce outlet clutter.
I saw some power supply for something some time ago that let you hook up the computer tower to one wall outlet and it had an output for connecting a monitor, kind of like daisy chaining but for the power supply.

I'm not sure if it was for some proprietary thing or if it was a regular american three prong outlet on the back of the PSU but either way the idea has me interested. What's the best way to make the average PC + average monitor only require one wall outlet to power both?

>2.90
Better than 12400 kek

Bought new for 500€ on Amazon, which is near MSRP and unhoped for. I'll blogpost here if it turns out to lack thermal pads in critical areas and set houses on fire instantly.

Attached: 1562175782646.jpg (552x788, 72.43K)

Depends on the anime. Commonly it's shot at 24fps but some are slower or faster because of cgi crap or their style choice. It shouldn't matter really if your video player can utilize freesync since the monitor will sync up with the frames assuming your monitors range isn't terrible.

Thanks to all anons that answered my questions in this general, I've decided to go along with pic related, I'm pretty tight on budget without many options available locally so I picked the best "bang for buck" parts I could find, will be used for 3D and rendering stuff with a little bit of gayming on the side.

Attached: pc.png (1747x864, 104.29K)

Whatever the fuck you're doing with your RAM, stop that and buy two at the same time or 4 or whatever.

It's not about content it's about the output during playback.
60Hz displays don't display 24FPS content properly, you've gotta overclock them to 72Hz or run them at 48Hz to allow frame tripling or doubling or else you get judder during playback.

Refresh rate has to be an integer multiple of the content framerate for perfect playback.

>Wait, is my 144hz hampering my animu watching experience?
Potentially, yes.
For any anime at 24FPS source 144Hz is fine and allows perfect playback. 144/24=6 so every frame simply persists through 6 refresh cycyles and doesn't interpolate or have any judder.
If you were to get a 180Hz monitor, you'd have some judder.

120Hz and 144Hz are fine for 24FPS but while 144Hz is fine for 24 it can't properly play back 30FPS or 60FPS content. Unless you're a gaymer who really wants 24 more FPS than 120, 120Hz is literally the the master race refresh rate.

>It shouldn't matter really if your video player can utilize freesync since the monitor will sync up with the frames assuming your monitors range isn't terrible.
This only works in actual fullscreen mode where the application is allowed to change refresh rate.
So, in general usage you're not going to get Netflix/Hulu/YouTube to work with this unfortunately.
144Hz user can always just run his 144Hz display at 120Hz to avoid these issues for normal usage stepping down to perfection, then enable 144Hz for gaming if he wants it then.

Yeah the RAM modules are different but I'm too lazy to change them just for this post, also forgot to mention that I'll add another 8x2gb down the line

>pretty tight on budget
>12700f
please for the love of god tell me you do more than gaming

>that ram
uhhhhh are you just retarded what the fuck am I looking at

>This only works in actual fullscreen mode where the application is allowed to change refresh rate.
Dunno about Nvidia but on AMD you can choose between exclusive or borderless for freesync in the driver for your application.

Is that new? I don't see that in Radeon Settings on my late April drivers.

>start with a budget-conscious build
>as things go on sale, get better components for same or almost same price
>literally upgraded for free
I can't wait to find out that something is broken and return period ran out

yeah this is setting yourself up for a bad day