How do I tell patel to write less code?

I have a patel on my team who keeps writing code. He doesn't reuse code, just copy-pastes whatever he wrote while rewriting everything someone else did because he doesn't understand.

Boss provides no supervision or guidance, there's no CI or unit testing, bearly any code review criterias. I'm too new to make any desicions, how can I get this Patel to work like a Smith or a Vanderbilt?

Attached: 201117-D-ZZ999-031.jpg (2400x3000, 1.26M)

That's your bosses issue, not yours.

Refactor one of his repeated blocks into a function and ask him what he thinks. If he doesn't change, let it go. Your job is not a work of art, if your boss is happy with you then you've done everything right.

I mean, is his code any good?

No not really, alot of copy-pasteing from documentation and the docs he reads came from other pajeets

you know you can help him becomes a more competent coder by taking him aside trying to mentor him.
but lets be real you are either too lazy or not competent enough to do that.

The problem is that I'm fresh out of college and he's older than me. All my skills are self taught and that won't look good on me.

Break his code and let him suffer the consequences. A lot of people will only ever internalize lessons after a trial by fire.

Do you have code reviews? Bounce his PR’s back to him if he’s not abstracting to libs

Start looking for a new job. You’re not going to Fox a shitty company as a new/junior dev.

Doesn't matter. AI is going to replace you and him within 10 years.

>Boss provides no supervision or guidance, there's no CI or unit testing, bearly any code review criterias. I'm too new to make any desicions, how can I get this Patel to work like a Smith or a Vanderbilt?

You don't. You just do your damn job and move on. If the boss is happy, be done with it. Not your company.

>The problem is that I'm fresh out of college

Awe, how cute. You're in the "I'm gonna change the world with this work of art code" phase.

You said that 10 years ago.

>rewriting everything someone else did
do you guys not use git?

seething pajeet

Then you're already halfway to learning a new trade, right? The world will always need plumbers.

>how can I work more and be paid the same?
You better won't

1 Approve all of his code
2 Get a second job
3 Recommend that they replace you with 9 pajeets
4 Boomarang back into the job for 3x the salary and watch the pajeets seeth and cope when they realize you're better than 10 of them

Attached: sanpaku eyes.jpg (1130x874, 209.2K)

Just deny the PRs with loads of comments on all the shit you find,

Attached: what.jpg (243x207, 5.61K)

Code review is suppose to make everybody contribute, if you don't voice your opinion in code review, what's the point of being a reviewer?

>tradeskill meme
great way to ruin your health
and you still need to be smart and capable to make good money (and if you're smart and capable you don't need to worry about AI)

Are you the boss? No? Then it's not your problem.