I'm getting tired of this thing slowing down to a crawl for no reason after a measly 2 weeks of uptime. Sorry KDE...

I'm getting tired of this thing slowing down to a crawl for no reason after a measly 2 weeks of uptime. Sorry KDE, you've got some really great features and remarkable programs but I'm not rebooting my PC every 2 weeks just because you refuse to cooperate. I'm going back to XFCE and i3.

Attached: buhbye.png (1200x675, 382.63K)

wait, people don't turn their pc off every day?

/unsubscribe

Its a very normie thing to leave their PC or laptop on for literal years at time, cus they're completely afraid of interacting with tech outside of browsers. I only just recently this year got out of the habit of turning my PC off when I leave for work, and thats only cus I read excessive switching is bad for the PSU (somehow). I mostly do it because I like the idea of remoting into home PC whenever. Its been 6 months and I've yet to do that, but hey, I like knowing that I can.

>Its a very normie thing to leave their PC or laptop on for literal years at time
lol, "normie thing"
this is pretty much undoable on windows or mac because of this progressive slowdown as much as on kde

All the developers I know only use sleep or hibernate so we don't lose the session. Why would I turn it off and deal with the overhead of restoring everything to where I left off the previous day when I start working? With XFCE, I can keep the same session going for a year or more easily. Bizarre calling this a "normie thing".

Yeah dude my grandma who leaves her laptop on because she only uses it to facetime the kids once a year is a top developer

I've never seen any normies who do this, all developers I've ever worked with have been doing this though. Sounds like a skill issue

>switching is bad for the PSU (somehow).
damn is this true? because i turn off pc even when going downstairs to make some tea as im afraid feds gonna spawn out of thin air and take a peak at my mounted luks drive

Never had this problem on an actual DE.

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-07-26 05-05-56.png (1416x1066, 43.31K)

Do people really do this? I reboot my computer if I so much as drop a frame.

How do i fix fonts on fedora
I just installed yesterday and fonts are attrocious so far, especially gnome-terminal's default font

thats why most serious distros come with gnome as default fren.

It was like this since the first boot, user. Is your installation broken? Was it bad in the live disk?

>I've never seen any normies who do this
You hardly interact with normal people anyway. It doesn't surprise me.
I'm not the same user but I can confirm only grandmas and regular idiots leave their computers always on, mostly because they only use laptops so they close the lid and continue working the next day. Then they all complain about how slow their computers are.
If this wasn't the case, Microsoft wouldn't be so aggressive with autoupdates and forced restarts on Windows 10 & 11. Normies never turn off their computers the same way they never turn off their smartphones.

based schizo retard

Attached: 1614877373526.png (420x420, 7.36K)

It was bad in the live disc. And this isnt the only machine it was like that on. My old PC had the same issue with fedora. I just built this one and have a Ryzen 5 and RX 560

For Linux, it's the norm. Servers operating on Linux expect more or less 24/7/365 uptime with near zero errors, with that behavior shared down to home users.

Are you baiting us or is your software actually slowing down with uptime? My i3 setup works exactly as good now (~2 months uptime) as it did when I booted.

>Then they all complain about how slow their computers are.
Sounds like a software problem. Computers shouldn't slow down just because they haven't been rebooted in a while.

Yeah, that's kind of the point. i3 with XFCE don't have this problem

Of course it's software related, fucking retard.
Jesus, the absolute state of this board.

Only zoomers turn their pc off every night. True power users leave their shit on and brag about uptime.

Attached: 24B28E6F-516A-4FC1-849A-F4E9DC981FB3.png (1162x1594, 2.1M)