Untitled

wccftech.com/asrock-jumps-onboard-intel-arc-bandwagon-custom-arc-a380-graphics-card-pictured/

Attached: 2022-07-25_20-48-42-1480x833.png (1480x833, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/DgFbt6/asrock-radeon-rx-6600-xt-8-gb-challenger-d-oc-video-card-rx6600xt-cld-8go?history_days=365),
github.com/intel/linux-intel-lts/issues/33
github.com/intel/gvt-linux/issues/160
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are there any benchmarks for these things?

Only for gayming unfortunately, not productivity software and encoding.

>productivity software benchmarks
Oh yeah, gotta 3D accelerate those spreadsheets.

>Oh yeah, gotta 3D accelerate those spreadsheets.

Attached: 1632610975026.jpg (452x363, 69.64K)

>Only for gayming unfortunately, not productivity software and encoding.
That sucks.
I wonder how these would fare in a password-cracking machine.

lol
brb gonna go find a measurable benchmark for graphics in spreadsheets because that's what user thinks "productivity" means

do these support sr-iov?

I feel like they decided on these prices 3 months ago, because if current trends continue the cards will be DOA with prices like these when they launch in a few months.

Let's break it down a bit more. The a380 is as fast as an rx 6400. It has some room for growth in the driver department and especially its extremely restricted power budget allows for the card to run ~33 % faster than stock when given a more sensible power budget (aka simple oc). To make it simple, let's say the a380 is currently as fast as an 6400, but could reasonably be as fast as an 6500 in a few months (am optimistic view though).
The 770 has 4 times as many cores, but obviously not 4 times the tdp and a percent linear scaling is unrealistic, especially since the memory bandwidth is only up by a factor of x2.66. So roughly 3 times the performance is a reasonable estimate, which means it should be at least as fast as an 3060 and could (hopefully) be as fast as an 3060ti. More realistically, it should fall somewhere in between those cards, so at least for now the 770 can be expected to be approximately as fast as an 6600xt. If we look at current pricing of a midrange 6600xt model (pcpartpicker.com/product/DgFbt6/asrock-radeon-rx-6600-xt-8-gb-challenger-d-oc-video-card-rx6600xt-cld-8go?history_days=365), it's already below Intels $350-400 target price, and a quick look and the trend graph shows clearly that in a few months time when the a770 is supposed to launch the competing cards like the 6600xt will be at or below $300. So the 770 would need to miraculously show 3060ti level performance to justify these prices, especially when factoring in the abysmal performance in dx9 and dx11 titles we have seen so far.

Attached: jv5aa9StChWoD95a7odQTD-1024-80.png (1024x576, 138.46K)

No
They are capable of it, but disabled to sell Arctic Sound GPUs

wonder how this will work on linux, since we use vulkan anyways

There will be very limited run of A770 and A750. Most silicon will go into mobile Alchemist, OEMs will do A380

Not yet, the hardware should be there, even in Xe iGPUs back to Tiger Lake, you should get something similar to the following if you run lspci -vvvv. I doubt the dGPUs have removed it.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation TigerLake-LP GT2 [Iris Xe Graphics] (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: Dell Device 0a20
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 142
Memory at 6052000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
Memory at 4000000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
I/O ports at 3000 [size=64]
Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [virtual] [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: [40] Vendor Specific Information: Len=0c
Capabilities: [70] Express Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
Capabilities: [ac] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable+ 64bit-
Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [100] Process Address Space ID (PASID)
Capabilities: [200] Address Translation Service (ATS)
Capabilities: [300] Page Request Interface (PRI)
Capabilities: [320] Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV)
Kernel driver in use: i915
Kernel modules: i915

You still need drivers though and they won't be upstreamed until Q4 next year apparently. You can try using the linux-intel-lts branch to try it but I doubt it's in any state ready where you don't need internal Intel code that isn't public yet in that Github.

github.com/intel/linux-intel-lts/issues/33

>I doubt the dGPUs have removed it.
github.com/intel/gvt-linux/issues/160
Internally we have some prototype but there is no formal plan to support GVT-g on discrete GPU like DG1. In a client platform which has had integrated GPU, are there still needs to share DG1 among multiple virtual machines? Thanks!

The rebar shit kills it for me.

GVT-g isn't hardware which is what I meant when I said it wasn't removed, it's software and it's understandable why Intel wants to discontinue it for Xe and above because SR-IOV is supported in hardware and it will get rid of limitations with GVT-g like synchronization issues especially with multiple VMs because of needing to schedule GPU tasks internally which SR-IOV lowers the overhead of and should eliminate.

Considering games on linux often rely on wine/proton i suspect the terrible dx9/11 performance will impact linux gaming as well. Vulkan and dx12 shouldn't be a problem, OpenGL as the legacy api to vulkan probably has comparable performance problems. Intel Marketing guy said on ltt they would price according to "tier 3" (meaning the games where alchemist sucks) performance, but there's no way in hell the a770 will be comparable to an 6600xt or even a 3060 in those titles, so i do hope Intel is ready to go down significantly with their pricing.
>There will be very limited run of A770 and A750
I guess for the purpose of testing their products that's probably the best idea. They should still drop those prices to make a more favorable first impression. Just look at OnePlus, first Phone was a banger with limited numbers for a good price, every phone after that just got marginally better with significantly higher prices. I really hope they can establish themselves in the gpu market, but I'm not convinced Intel has the balls to do what's necessary, even though they claim they do. Anyway, it's going to be an interesting year nonetheless.

Intel is claiming they will price the card according to the performance on the worst case of gaming.
Which for non-gaming purposes may give it a killer price

Who would buy such toy cards? I bet they'll struggle even at 1440p and I see no chance they will be able to maintain even shitty 60fps in most games.

>i suspect the terrible dx9/11 performance will impact linux gaming as well.
but nowadays we use dxvk for dx9/11 and vkd3d for dx12 to turn that shit into vulkan

I was under the impression that the api implementation cannot fundamentally fix the shortcomings of the api layer it mimics, but maybe I'm wrong. If that were possible then amd/intel/nvidia could simply write their own dx9todx12 for windows (or modify dxvk) and easily increase performance. Especially intel would have done this in a heartbeat to fix their abysmal performance on dx9/11. The fact that they haven't is imo. a clear indication that even though it can help in some cases, it is not a suitable fix for all of the shortcomings of the older apis. But this is of course all just speculation on my part.

If they're priced well, many people

Why didn't the ape developers from these popular old games port them to Vulkan or low-level dx by now? I mean GTA 5 still earns rockstar big money and yet..

Let me guess, 1080p is not enough for you.