This is so fucking true kek

This is so fucking true kek
wescottdesign.com/articles/Sampling/sampling.pdf

Attached: nyquist.png (808x474, 72.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TGqBs9Fx1bM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And this is why "high definition" audio is a meme. By keeping inaudible parts of the spectrum, you end up with aliasing artifacts down in the audible spectrum, since your equipment is *not* replicating a 96KHz signal out of a 192KHz source.

This thing is priceless lmao.

This completely destroys the autists who kept parroting "Nyquist said 44.1khz is enough for 22khz" meme.

Attached: sampling-09.png (1700x2200, 238.18K)

No you dumb fucking nigger.
What the PDF is talking about is exactly idiots like you see HD Audio is not a meme at all, it is an improvement upon over 44.1hkz, and 44.1khz is not even close to enough to matching analog master tape recordings.

It's enough for 20KHz, which covers the audible spectrum.

i download from youtube it's pretty easy you should try it

You didn't understand what you were reading.

Your audio equipment cannot replicate ultrasonic frequencies. This will mean it will alias ultrasonic frequencies down into the audible spectrum.
>input 30KHz frequency
>speaker cone is too massive to move at 30KHz
>outputs 15KHz.

This is why we use lowpass filters to keep things within the audible spectrum, and then you only need a sampling rate sufficient to capture your lowpassed signal. No reason to use a 196KHz sampling rate to capture a 20KHz signal. 44.1KHz is more than enough.

That is not how it works you sub-90 IQ numbskull.
Read something for once in your life. The PDF is only 27 pages.
Nyquist never ever fucking said that.

Sampling has NOTHING to do with the human audible spectrum. It's all about the inbetween values you can represents which with analog they are continuous so with digital you need a very high sample rate to represent all possible inbetween values.

literally says and I quote
>"Nyquist didn't say that i you are sampling at rate N that you could use an anti-aliasing filter with a cutoff at frequency f = N/2"

This paper utterly and completely destroys numbskulls like you who keep parroting this meme so hard that it's hilarious lmao.

>44.1KHz is more than enough.
IT IS NOT IT SOUNDS LIKE SHIT

Yes, the antialiasing filter needs to be a tad lower.
Which is why we use 44.1KHz to sample a 20KHz signal.

D...did you think you were the first to ever think about this?

nyquist says you tongue his anus

>44.1KHz is more than enough.
No it is not, not even close.
Even if you sample a 20khz signal at 192KHz(which is still too low) and then downsampling it back to 44.1khz you'll still get better results than just sampling at 44.1khz.
In fact everyone pretty much does this in the industry.

Just stop posting, you got destroyed.

Don't care lol.
youtube.com/watch?v=TGqBs9Fx1bM

>Even if you sample a 20khz signal at 192KHz
lol
>(which is still too low)
lmao even

This honestly, but the industry has no reason to improve when idiots are happy with MP3 streamed from Spotify.

The only hope we have left to conserve music as it originally sounded before original analog master recordings wear out is enthusiasts making vinyl or reel-to-reel rips to High Res FLAC or better yet high sample rate DSD.

>lol
>lmao even

Attached: 1529674322916.jpg (2120x2601, 831.8K)

Is this the audiophile cope thread? I'm thinking about buying a new quantum audio cable for my $50000 1280kHz setup, but I don't know if I should spend the $12k on enchanted rocks instead. Any advice? Mainly listening to 128kbps Skrillex MP3s btw.

Do not bother. Nobody on this board knows how signal processing works. That much is obvious every time upscaling video is discussed. I feel bad for audiophiles, at least with video you can pause and zoom in and even if someone says "well I can't see the artifacts" they must concede that they are in fact there, while for audio since nobody can read a spek output they just insist that it is physically impossible to hear aliasing etc.

44.1 is enough granted you have a perfect filter.

As long as you have all the time and resources in the world, you can make a perfect filter.

Audiophool cope thread

>audiophile cope
The only ones who are coping are the midwits who got destroyed by this paper.

Music is supposed to be about art and not how precise your fucking signal is. If you need 192k to convey artist's intentions your music is probably shit anyways and no amount of fixing the sample rate will do anything to improve it.

What if the artist wants a precise signal

>44.1 is enough granted you have a perfect filter.
Nyquist never said such a thing seeI don't know where this myth came from to begin with.

When Sony was developing the Compact Disc they were gonna choose 48khz until they found out some Beethoven Symphony wouldn't fit in the whole thing on a CD, then they opted for 44.1khz to make it work.

The 44.1khz myth is retarded.

>nooooo you can't laugh at me being a brainlet you are a redditor go back reeeeee
the real problem is that every discussion on the topic goes to shit because there's retards who hear nothing wrong in mp3s off yt fighting with even bigger retards that claim they're able to hear a fly flapping its wings in the corner of the recording studio but only if the audio is in dsd512

It means he is just coping and finding excuses as to why he sounds like shit.