Freenet

Considering the latest Any Forums outages, can we use this as a bunker? I heard it can't be taken down.

Attached: 1629877485808.png (306x165, 4.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discussions.app
cooming.live
web.archive.org/web/20151119143824/https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/crime-and-courts/3885134-child-predators-use-technology-law-enforcement-does-too
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

too complex to install and run, you basically need 2-3 days and a shitton of hard drive space and download sites

maybe not. hard to get anyone to use these alternate peer to peer networks. just getting people to use tor is a struggle.

>if somone hosts CP you automatically host it too
Seems like a bad idea unless you want to rot in prision for cp distribution.

Yeah but the advantage of p2p is that it's not a single server that if it goes down the community disappears. Basically as long as the Internet exists it just works.
Zeronet and IPFS are alternatives but honestly I like Freenet's design better, especially because of WoT.
It's true that it's a pain in the ass to install, but it shouldn't be that way. I've been thinking of ways to make it simpler, but I suppose the only way to do it right is to fork the project because any script solution will be crappy.

FUD. Nobody has ever been sent to jail for using Freenet except 1 guy who actually was purposefully downloading CP.
How else would you implement a p2p solution that actually implements permanency for not so popular content? It has to be done that way. For example if I make a Zeronet site (or any other torrent-like system), I would have to host it and shill it for years until enough people use it to be available 24/7.

maybe zeronet

>I don't understand how it works, so no.
You only serve what you access.

Umm no. He's actually right. For Zeronet you are right, but for Freenet you are assigned to serve content semi-randomly, but it's encrypted while it is on your machine.
It has to be done this way for the reasons I mentioned. Try setting up a Zeronet site. It'll be dead the moment you turn off your computer so the p2p aspect of the "serve what you access" model is not that powerful except for popular content.

>It'll be dead the moment you turn off your computer so the p2p
No if people had access the site and stored it.

Try discussions.app
Mirror cooming.live
It’s decentralized

People can see your IP on zeronet
It's a joke

Good thing this thread isn't about it

>I've been thinking of ways to make it simpler, but I suppose the only way to do it right is to fork the project because any script solution will be crappy.
would help a lot with some projects.
>FUD. Nobody has ever been sent to jail for using Freenet except 1 guy who actually was purposefully downloading CP.
and a former cop - had over 100k cp images

web.archive.org/web/20151119143824/https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/crime-and-courts/3885134-child-predators-use-technology-law-enforcement-does-too

I've always wondered if those "x number of images" claims are so high because they consider every frame of a video an image.

zeronet’s UI is fucking great but the dev just abandoned the whole project time ago, there are forks around

I2P is a thing. I keep mine up 24-7 run a asus tinkerboard.

>What is a proxy
>What is TOR

just ban multimedia sharing or at least inline multimedia integration, problem solved.

Anyone using Freenet should be aware you can be deanonymized nowadays.

Attached: freenet deanonymization.png (581x778, 70.11K)

>just store and distribute my pizza for me bro

>too complex to install and run
false but using it is

well on free net they publish it for everyone to see it if they hadn't