Which HDD to avoid (2TB)?

I'm looking for all purpose 8h/day HDD that will last me at least 2 years without dying. Have backup of important data on other disks, don't worry. Was hearing seagate is shit, that some reputable makers wen't shit. Don't want any kikery just a good disk, can be slow I don't care, mass storage.

Attached: seagate.jpg (3000x3000, 366.38K)

hitachi, western digits

Seagate > WD > japan shit

this

All manufacturers make good and bad drives.
Why not get an SSD?

Mass storage friend, I have an boot SSD with more important data in case, but need more for kinda cheap (minding quality ofc.)

just get WD gold

Look at the backblaze hard drive reliability tests. That shows that at lower sizes Seagate tends to suck, Toshiba tends to be on top but the results vary a lot.

Backblaze only has older low capacity drives, those have nothing to do with new ones
They also run them 24/7 unlike OP
lel

buy a warranty with a 5 year warranty and it should last double that.
that eliminates Shitgate

I was looking for new drives a couple and ended up just buying some Toshiba drives for cheap
I've read some shit about shingled disks or some shit but never saw anything substantial outside of 5$ blogs with affiliated links
long story short, bumping for interest.

Avoid the popular brands because Any Forums is turn as contrarian as Any Forums.

So good is actually bad and bad is actually good.

cope
my hitachi still works with 50k hours and 0 bad sectors

Avoid SMR drives

It's rough out there for HDDs. Every manufacturer shingles them now. They have made the high end drives the same quality as low end drives of yesteryear. You WILL get kiked if you don't pony up real money, but since you only want it to last two years I would just get the cheapest segate you can find. I will warn you though that the write speeds of these cheap drives is next to garbage. If you have to perform a large transfer you better leave your pc on for days in many cases.
If this is something you actually want to last, then just buy an SSD because it is the worst time to buy an HDD due to how utterly jewish the market has become.

they dont have any test for drives larger than 16tb.
are the new 20, and 22tb WD RED any good?

WD is good, avoid Seagate

>Seagate > WD
????

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2022-05-22 at 1.11.04 AM.jpg (497x394, 11.66K)

Yea thats what I am afraid of. I guess I will either take anything cheap or smaller SSD

He's right. Seagate isn't great, but WD is pure garbage. Also they're liars.

just do not get a SMR drive. Seagate and WD haven't been advertising the drives as SMR or not so read reviews. Bought a new 2tb barracuda drive thinking my old one was broken just to realize both are shit SMR drives

Exos

Quantum > Maxtor > WD Caviar