Why aren't you using Dopus, the most complete and customizable file manager?

Why aren't you using Dopus, the most complete and customizable file manager?

Attached: 1656725646291.jpg (1026x757, 394.59K)

finder works fine

Lol, what are your top 3 reasons for using that

Because I don't use proprietary software, nor would I ever pay for a file manager when there are so many great ones already available gratis as well as libre. Also I don't run Windows.

>not using a fucking terminal as a file manager
Are you even trying?

>old dopus shill pasta:
>Tabs
>Dual display
>Browsing archives like regular folders
>Media preview pane that can read audio, videos, show text files or pdf instead of only images
>Listary support: start typing a word and it'll immediately seek the file anywhere, or take you to a folder you set up a shortcut for (eg type 'tr' to open the trash)
>Filter results from your current folder (hide non matching)
>Flat view: show all content from all subfolders like it were a single folder
>Script support for Everything, can browse Everything search results directly from within it (can interact with results with any command buttons you have, eg video file? Set up some ffmpeg commands etc or auto-sync it to your phone)
>Built-in renaming utility, image conversion, erasing/wiping, archiving, FTP, queue copying, image viewer with basic editing options, duplicates finder, backup synchronization, mp3 tagging, photo Metadata editor
>Plenty of useful shortcuts like middle click to select files, double left click on empty space to go up, ctrl+keys while renaming to repeat previous filenames, capitalize or delete whole words
>'3 buttons' gimmick: 1 button can trigger a different command based on if you press with left, right or middle click
>Useful gimmicks like being able to list folder sizes and subfolders/files count, assign labels/icons/colors to file types or any filter you want (eg bold for large files, red folders for important, etc)
>Everything is customizable, design your own toolbars, command buttons and themes, hot keys, status bar, info tips, context, advanced scripts, or download from the forum
>Own thumbnail cache that's much faster and lighter than windows
>Can use it as a file picker from the save/open with menus like when you need to upload an image here
>Pre-loads all folder thumbnails

So much shit I hit character limit and barely scratched the surface
you can create tabs groups, from a single click you can launch multiple different tabs (your 'to backup' source folder + 'backup' destination for instance )
Assign different colors to whatever you want, tabs, 'sort by' parameters, grid views, full row select, manual reordering
Filetype groups: ie image group = jpg, png, webp, bmp, easy to group together or define parameters that'll only affect specific groups
Content detection that's much better than explorer, you can define default folder formats for different folders or folder types (eg, have your music folders show all the tag metadata you want either automatically or manually depending on locations)
In dual display mode you can sync your two displays so if you go up in the left, right will go up too
Symlinks creation
Copy file1 filename1, paste filename1 into file2 directly
Have text or an image in your clipboard? Paste will create a txt or image file with the content
Copy file paths
Folder shortcuts buttons can unfold to show the entire content inside so you can navigate everything similar to how the start menu works
Various auto organizing commands or scripts, ie rename/delete current folder, move folder structure up one level, create many different folders with a defined structure, copy/move/duplicate/sync whatever, move all content from subfolders into current folder, rename filtered/all files w/ preset, resizing images etc all from single clicks
Integrate with any CLI, compare with win merge, Google a filename or reverse search an img, edit a mp3, ffmpeg script, etc
'File collections', it's a virtual folders hub that can store anything virtually, for instance pictures 'marked' for later editing - if the files are nested in many different folders here you can access them from a single folder
Undo logs, file logs, you can see hundreds of file actions previously done if need to revert
It's the most autistic shit I've ever seen

whta the fuck is this ugly horror

for me its total commander and everything

fully customizable, you can go full schizo boomer or as minimalistic as you want or need
that includes functionalities, not just themes

Attached: 1644297438820.jpg (2951x5000, 2.28M)

Double Commander has worked fine for me

What's the catch with the free version?

ok user I'll give it a shot. I'm a fan of comfy boomer software like XNView, Irfanview, Everything, and Bulk Rename Utility.
>$89 AUD license
user cmon...

Attached: chomp.jpg (1440x1316, 1.26M)

I almost never use file managers, neither at work nor at home. When I do, Thunar works fine.

Attached: Thunar-1.6.2.png (898x541, 75.71K)

>I'm a fan of comfy boomer software like XNView, Irfanview, Everything, and Bulk Rename Utility.
I've worked with electrical engineers and they are all really deep into those Windows tools. Add putty and whatever tool they used for diffing to that list.

Personally I just use a shell+coreutils tho.

Can't find it in the arch repos or in the AUR.

Dolphin works for me

just a trial version, get cracked from nsane

>DopusRT Command line Tool that allows you to directly integrate your own external tools with Directory Opus
Not mentioning the most based future of them all. Commit sempaku please.

>dude just install a crucial operating system component from a questionable source man
The state of winfags.

It looka like its for boomers. I though so too at first. But its highly robust and configurable. The way I use it now and looks on my system is nothing like its intended. Shit is cash.

Also they do sales and black friday events are usually 50% of

1/2
>Tabs
meme
>Dual display
another meme
>Browsing archives like regular folders
that just induces confusion
>Media preview pane that can read audio, videos, show text files or pdf instead of only images
a problem more than a feature, what if I want to browse through """sensitive""" files
>Listary support: start typing a word and it'll immediately seek the file anywhere, or take you to a folder you set up a shortcut for (eg type 'tr' to open the trash)
thanks for the free read operations slowing down my pc bro
>Filter results from your current folder (hide non matching)
that just induces confusion x2
>Flat view: show all content from all subfolders like it were a single folder
that just induces confusion x3
>Script support for Everything, can browse Everything search results directly from within it (can interact with results with any command buttons you have, eg video file? Set up some ffmpeg commands etc or auto-sync it to your phone)
bloat
>Built-in renaming utility, image conversion, erasing/wiping, archiving, FTP, queue copying, image viewer with basic editing options, duplicates finder, backup synchronization, mp3 tagging, photo Metadata editor
even more bloat, I already have PROGRAMS that do all that why tf would I want those feaures in a file manager
>Plenty of useful shortcuts like middle click to select files, double left click on empty space to go up, ctrl+keys while renaming to repeat previous filenames, capitalize or delete whole words
>misclicks
>money stolen

2/2
>'3 buttons' gimmick: 1 button can trigger a different command based on if you press with left, right or middle click
shortcuts that require different actions literally stopbeing shortcuts, also bloat
>Useful gimmicks like being able to list folder sizes and subfolders/files count, assign labels/icons/colors to file types or any filter you want (eg bold for large files, red folders for important, etc)
garbage that only makes sense inside the retarded universe of the program itself
>Everything is customizable, design your own toolbars, command buttons and themes, hot keys, status bar, info tips, context, advanced scripts, or download from the forum
that just induces confusion x4
>Own thumbnail cache that's much faster and lighter than windows
thanks for the free read operations slowing down my pc bro x2
>Can use it as a file picker from the save/open with menus like when you need to upload an image here
oh wow the exact same bullshit all other file managers do but explained as a unique feature for some reason
>Pre-loads all folder thumbnails
thanks for the free read operations slowing down my pc bro x3
holy shit I pity the people that actually use this