Getting into coding. HTML is whatever, CSS can suck dick...

Getting into coding. HTML is whatever, CSS can suck dick, Python doesn't seem like it will lead me anywhere in my time frame, but C++ gives me that warm fuzzy feeling. Starting to think you faggots are right. Thanks for saving me a lot of wasted time on languages I don't plan to use as much.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-25 12.25.26 AM.png (1360x767, 155.53K)

arrays?! thanks for sharing your knowledgeable opinion

I'm just starting out, but I was told to start with Python

learn racket instead

Total noob, yeah, but I get quick impressions of things and I go with my gut I guess. Gotta start somewhere. I don't want to be a web dev in 5 years, user.

those languages all have different use cases, none of them are terrible at what they're meant for, but it's important you use the right tool for the job. it's good that you found the tool that's right for you, user!!! :D

How come?

Yeah I see these data analysis jobs paying decent cash, I'll keep doing some Python on the side just to have that in my wheelhouse after some time.

Learning languages for the sake of it is an inefficient use of your time. Skill fade will rob you. What do you actually want? Without a defined goal you wont become proficient in anything, most of the magic is project based

I guess my goal would to be able to build apps as I please. I may be wrong, but I assume this will lead me to Java, probably Python whether I like it or not, React, C++, things like that. Android apps, whatever might land a check in the shitty future we're all in store for. My real goal is to move to the woods and hide out, while designing shit for people I don't have to meet face to face, but project based contracts are more realistic probably.

Maybe start small? Write a simple server python app that listens on a loopback port, and crunches data that you send it from another python client script. Make it return the result to the client, its a confidence builder. Maybe contribute to an open source app you like. Unfortunately your goal is still a little too broad i think. What apps are striking your interest specifically?

I'll definitely look into the Python server app, that sounds like good practice. As for specific apps, I you're right, I haven't thought much into it. Something simple that doesn't require a whole lot of front end, hopefully. Any advice with that? Anything to avoid the web dev bottomless pit I'll most likely jump into if nothing better works out.

I have friends in web dev, they like it but it takes a certain kind of dude. Not my taste. I did the same thing man, "learn to code" and took up building sites. It does not feel innovative at all. Youcan make great money but any coding is fulfilling retard requests that may not fit your philosophy for good tech. Personally i focus on firmware (x86) so im not the guy to ask. Youll find your niche

This. That shit is soul sucking. I was looking at sites like Fiverr and such and I'm seeing a lot of Pajeet's and Dinesh's making pretty good coin while literally admitting they're basically ripping Squarespace templates. It's mind boggling. I'm hoping to not get in my own way so much that I say fuck it at some point and just resort to that. I guess financial livelihood will be the ultimate decider. I'm sick of leaving my house to make money. It's fucking hot outside and everyone keeps coughing.

Youll have a lot more freedom and a lot more breadth when you can live comfortably on a help desk salary, mastering a discipline you want to top. Focus on what inspires you, the money wont make you feel better if youre just another dinesh in the end.

Getting into tech for money is banal, focus on mastering a craft that you enjoy being fluent in, or youll just be a wealthy dinesh.

Can't I just do both. But no I hear you. I just imagine Dinesh in an overpriced sports car while I toil away in my studio apartment for the next 3 to 5 years sweating my ass off until I come up with something decent to put on Github.

And is it just me or is Github a goddamn mess? It hurts my eyes.

Well yeah, if youre good at something in tech, youll be fine. If youre great, youll be sittin pretty. But that shit takes time, so if you look down on what you do (bs web dev for example), youll never be great, or at least unfulfilled. Im also talking fully out of my ass. If youre about fast cars then do it.

WTF?! C++ IS THE GAYEST LANGAUGE!!! YOU MUST BE A FAG!!!

If your motivator is competing with other dudes who make great money, then maybe you should go for it. You decide if the juice is worth the squeeze brother. Github takes time to learn, its not intuitive at all.

Github is not intuitive, but it will be very useful to you.
Honestly man, you have to decide if the juice is worth the squeeze. If its competing with well-to-do webdevs in overpriced cars, it might be the right move for you.

I mean, C++ is a decent language for learning coding with, but like someone else said, it's really not about pigeonholing yourself into one language.

I'm currently a FAGMAN data engineer and at various points in my career and personal life I've used BASIC, C++, Visual Basic, C#, Python, Java, PHP, SQL, probably others I am forgetting, and countless libraries and tools. I've forgotten more than I know. There is usually a market for people who are god tier in a specific stack, but there is *always* a market for people who are just good at working with real business humans to understand their needs, and being smart enough to choose - and learn if need be - the right tool for the job.