You WFH right?

>$3,066 1 Bed 1 Bath in Santa Clara
How can any self respecting man live like this? Probably better to live with parents.

Attached: 45F69AC2-125E-4C1B-9F6C-BE0771325E0F.jpg (750x1010, 151.24K)

3k isn't bad for commiefornia rent prices desu

if you're working from home there's no reason to live in that awful state

there are some WFH roles that require residence is specific states, but at least there are cheaper places in commiefornia

This is more than my fucking mortgage.

I live 40 mins from Chicago. I pay $540/mo for my 3 bdrm, 1 bath with garage home loan, insurance and property taxes that is all included in that.
What the fuck are they doing? The whole thought of pissing away an additional 2,500 a month on a tiny 1 bedroom apartment is insane.

I live with my mom right now. Gonna move out and pay around 1.8k for a 2bed 1bath apartment that's a 5 minute drive from work. The money I'll save on gas, with the option to take a 10 minute bike ride is worth the price. Plus easy river access and I'll be living the dream at 20 even with my measly 60k salary

Attached: 1649382668547.jpg (750x755, 130.24K)

there are areas in Santa Clara where you can rent a 1br 1ba apartment for $2200 give or take. of course, you have to live side-by-side with the undesirables and their tendency to pilfer your car for valuables.

i'd say the majority of wfh roles are slated to go hybrid by end of this year. every "remote" position i interviewed for warned me that they're going hybrid or in-person and i'd have to relocate soon.

That's 3x my rent and 1/2 the space lmfao

My mortgage for a 150 sq meter house is only
$1000 a month

That's gay shit. I would rather be a NEET again.

upper management spent millions on show-off real estate in trendy cities and they're deathly afraid of being shown up as having completely pissed it away for nothing

monopoly.
they're all ultimately owned and operated by a small number of companies and it's easy to conspire to jack up prices while blaming inflation.

what's funny is that it costs them more to shift to in-person and makes no financial sense. my starting salary was bumped by 20k just from it being in the bay area and i'm getting another 10k lump sum to relocate. surely this is not a smart financial move.

That's over seven times my mortgage for my house and half a hectares of land

But at least it's got a balcony?

>surely this is not a smart financial move.
principal-agent problem. it's not in the best interests of the company, but having an office full of butts in seats looks good to some individual managers, and makes it easier for them to advance their careers.

>company is sending me to LA
>i only make $32/hr
>im technically getting a 10% paycut because im moving from a state with no income tax
>i cant even afford a one bedroom because they are all over 2k for a DECENT one (not infested with roaches)

the only redeeming quality is that it will look good on my resume... hold me Any Forumsuys

What's stopping you from getting a shell address in the same state like a private mail box and moving to fucking thailand to live like a king?
If you're worried about IP tracing, that can be faked via VPN as well.

Live in an RV on the street outside of the company, you'll fit right in with all the other homeless in RVs.

they cost too much

Taking a shower in the bathtub seems dangerous wtf is wrong with burgers?

It is. In fact, it's the cause of most home injuries.