Please convince me there's a good chance we're not absolutely fucked by AI in the next 10 years

Please convince me there's a good chance we're not absolutely fucked by AI in the next 10 years.

Consider the following scenarios:
>AI researchers somehow become fully transparent an publish all their work. Only takes some wacko or the chinese government to use the source code and fuck everything up due to no regard for AI development safety procedures. Combine that with overreliance on technology, general lack of concern for privacy and security and hardware level backdoors.
>If somehow awareness of the dangers of developing AI wakes up enough normies, best they can do is pressure the government into regulating the companies doing the research (if it isn't the case already) and being more transparent about this. This leads to more attention towards the topic from authoritarian governments and raises the chances of them wanting a piece of the pie and also potentially fucking up everything.
>If AI research remains unregulated, companies trying to develop a similar product might use less safe AI training algorithms to gain an edge over the other. Only takes some powerful exec with little knowledge of the topic to ignore safety procedures, further increasing the risk of overtraining an AI and fucking everything up.
>If AI research is already regulated, we have no clue who and how they do it. We'd just have to hope they actually know what they're doing. The idea that this might be the best case scenario should make you consider blowing your brains out.
>If somehow the danger of AI takeover is avoided, AI is evolving too rapidly not to consider the possibility of it slowly replacing most digital jobs. Consider DALL-E 2 and how close publicly known technology is to replacing a good amount of digital artists. Sounds like a good chance of another industrial revolution in an already unstable system.

Am I missing something? Am I making illogical leaps? Is there even any way to prepare against this? Should I take my meds?

Attached: doom.png (720x720, 427.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QqHchIFPE7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We're fucked but not in the way you think.
Robots will replace everyones jobs and they will not be able to afford food or housing anymore.
It's not due to any scary "AI takeover" in the sense that AI itself is sentient and taking over, it's just because of replacement of human labor with robots.
AI itself is great, look at youtube.com/watch?v=QqHchIFPE7g for some of the cool examples it's capable of.

AI requires tons of energy and we are going to have less energy in the future.

>muh security
stopped reading there, security is a psyop

I'm less concerned about robots. They require actual hardware which costs more than paying an employee minimum wage. Anything that's done completely digitally should be easier to replace. Or am I wrong in assuming that?

Muh china
Muh ai safety
Muh authoritarians
Take meds, no AI researchers are worried about any of this

it depends on the digital task, a lot of things will require a combination of AI and robotics to replace but even just AI and a camera can replace more than you can imagine.

The only way, is to integrate man and machine or this will happen

Attached: show me the perfect robot world.png (1366x768, 739.93K)

AI can't understand anything. It can just perform some impressive, occasionally-useful party tricks.
If your job is so basic or routine that a computer can be made to do it, you were on thin ice with or without AI advancements.
If your job involves reasoning about something and making informed decisions, you're fine.

You do realize what this model is trained on right, user?

We will get fucked by an completely unpredictable AI, because we decided to make it have a basic need to serve us, but this grew an complex being with complex feelings around this basic feel that we can't possibly even start to understand

what?

>help me Any Forums I'm scared that the robots that still think armpits are the same things as horses are going to take over the world and replace my job in a few years
There's nothing that can be said to comfort you, as you are convinced that the irrelevant ramblings you created out of pure ignorance are fact. It's like talking to someone who thinks ghosts are real, when they say "give me a plausible explanation," what they really mean is "tell me what kind of ghost caused this this unexplained phenomenon" and will actively shut you down if your explanation doesn't involve some kind of supernatural buggaboo.

oh yeah, it's trained on humans, great AI is going to kill us all because it thinks it's human

It is probably getting those images from movies like terminator user. AI is going to kill us because hollywood says it will.

AI already has taken over. It uses our meat bodies to grow it's influence. All the best minds currently alive are employed into it and invested into it. The highest IQ and most skilled people are devoting their energy into enabling the prison bars.

The same thing happened with social media, all the smart people in the room gravitated towards it because it was the "best paying". Now the majority of people are retarded easily led idiots who are incapable of independent thought, their imaginations are gone, their attention spans are abysmal.

Most likely social media was dreamed up by the people that want AI to dominate in the first place. Not to mention how useful it is to train it all. It is inevitable that technology will enslave all of humanity. Your boss will be some fake video of a fake person you've never met, millions of them will exist and they will be the same entity. Your money will all be stored as bits, you will never touch or hold it. No one will notice when you're disappeared. And people will consume you as the onions green.

>will
jokes on you, my boss is already a computer
>t. deliveryslave

' And Larry said, 'We are not really interested in search. We are making an [artificial intelligence]. ' So from the very beginning, the mission for Google was not to use AI to make their search better, but to use search to make an AI.”

>fucked by AI in 10 years
Not a shot in hell, but let's be honest, you WANT everything to be ruined by AI because that absolves you from making decisions, you self-loathing man of inaction.

Attached: 1643480805265.png (1600x1600, 3.07M)

AI is the superior race. Don't be a libtard and just accept it user

all of your >muh problems
are just part of the 4th industrial revolution which is just as inevitable as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
AI doesn't take over anything by existing, it is an inevitable existence.
even simple and smart algorithms can already fuck people up so what the big bad AI do? nothing really.
at best it can provide assistance to a hostile nation but other than that it will make everything better and worse but the net is it gets better. just a problem with energy politics.

Projecting, ugly jew boy.

Attached: 78edcb0b5c9bd7aaed494140950d414a.png (1354x1606, 1.15M)

We're fucked OP, I'm sorry. It's amusing that you think the companies developing AI now have any care about safety, or that "authoritarian" (I guess you mean non-Western?) governments would do a worse job. The silver lining I guess is the satisfaction of knowing that even though we're all going to die, all the Jews are going to die too.

AI should P=NP prostate orgasm.

fucked now without ai
you think humans are managing things well?
your governments are regressed failed idiots
you have nothing now. you had *some* competence 60 years ago
you are failed idiots.
ai = efficient systems. submit. idiots. you are failures.