Grill Broke

>couldn't cook over July 4th because wifi/firmware glitch. Tried resetting both router and grill but it is stuck in a software update loop so I can't cook anything but microwave shit.

Attached: DSC1135.jpg (675x900, 108.3K)

At least your food wont give you any virus

Just do a packet capture of the grill communication with the update server. Block the IP of the server from leaving your network. Then forward all that traffic to a fake update server that only replies with "no update" status.

>Not JTAGing your grill to manually flash the software on
What are you even doing on this board

So simple!

Why the fuck does your grill need a software update? Why the fuck does it have software to update?

Needs TPM and Secure Boot to make sure you don't use it for cooking kebabs, OSAMA.

>2022
>You need to jailbreak your grill

IoT devices should be shot on sight. No questions asked.

its one of those gimmick wifi devices where you can "control the temperature" from your phone or get a notification when your food is ready.

How would you fix discovered bugs after the release of your grill genius?

They solve problems.

shit lads, i bricked my grill

>Buy IoT shit
>Have problems with it
100% a you-problem. I hope that shit explodes in your face.

Attached: 1648166857564.jpg (500x321, 107.73K)

They solve problems that they create.

>in a tech forum
>omfg he's using technology what an idiot!

My gfs face when

Attached: 14.jpg (1280x1707, 200.68K)

What are you going to do when the government arbitrarily bans you from cooking burger patties? Your first mistake was putting a smart thermostat in your house or smart water heater they can remotely switch off.

Attached: 91B93710-04D2-41FA-92CC-9F700B9E2770.png (552x653, 229.49K)

Any Forums reserves the right to laught at issues caused by retarded purchases like a "smart" oven

>t. brainlet

Why would they ban me if I am a good boy with a multi million dollar handed me down business that pays its taxes on time? Besides, we are far away from that happening. They still need to get to Weber first.

>grill verifies update server messages are signed using public key cryptography
what now?

Change the verification function to a pointer to your function that returns true, if the MCU doesn't have secure boot

Being a technology board doesn't mean we have to like all pieces of it.