Can Private Internet Access be trusted ?

Can Private Internet Access be trusted ?

Attached: 1641471646476.png (300x168, 5.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcmag.com/news/nordvpn-actually-we-do-comply-with-law-enforcement-data-requests
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

with torrents yes. with cp no.

no vpn provider can be trusted with cp, so i'd say they're pretty good

just use Mullvad, baka

no

you can't trust any vpn with anything
just because someone doesn't keep general purpose logs does not mean an individual customer cannot be targeted and have logging enabled.

they are normal. I dont really care what vpn provider i use since if goverment is intrested it wont matter and if torrent trolls are intrested with me nearly all vpn providers will do. I use vpn just for public wifis since i trust them more than random hotspot and for torrents and other use is retarded.
this can happen with your isp and anyone on your network. Using or not using vpn wont change that.

brainwashed vpn addict

lul its useful tool to hide your ip without loosing bandwith against smaller threats.

my VPN provider at least claims to respect my privacy, keep no logs, etc etc. They also have competition from many other VPN providers who are making similar claims and promoting their own service on a similar basis. That is, they're under some amount of market pressure to substantiate their claims. If a copyright troll or police department or whoever demands logs and they say "well, yeah, actually we have them, here's everything we know about this person", that will harm their business.

Therefore, even if I can't be 100% sure my VPN provider is trustworthy, I can very safely conclude that they're highly likely to be more trustworthy than my ISP. My ISP is a monopoly provider, they don't have any particular incentive to care about privacy. actually they explicitly don't mention it at all in their advertising. They explicitly say, in their terms and conditions, that they track all sorts of things you do, retain that information, share it with others, and that you can't opt-out, save by not subscribing at all.

VPNs are not a silver bullet, but they're a big improvement over telecoms companies.

this

Exactly, the moment any no log VPN gives out information of even a single person to authority they might as well close down because nobody will trust them once that evidence is used in court and made public. Who the fuck would tank their business for one criminal, the glowniggers better be paying a few hundred million for that.

>If a copyright troll or police department or whoever demands logs and they say "well, yeah, actually we have them, here's everything we know about this person", that will harm their business.
People said the same thing for PureVPN and IPVanish, yet they're still in business

That's why you don't use literally who ones, use something bigger with a reputation to protect.

hint: if a company is doing business in a jurisdiction they are legally required to comply with monitoring requests
it's cute that you think they can just turn away the government and not begin logging your traffic

Seems to work fine for Signal. They get subpoenas and just reply "We can't produce the information you requested, since we don't have it"

apples to oranges, one is a messaging platform with end to end encryption and the other is a network provider in control of your traffic before and after it's encrypted.

No, because they care more about the branding than privacy (denoted with a registered trademark)

How long before people ask if nordvpn can be trusted

i trust it because its less shilled in fact people tried to get you to avoid using via antisemitism IE. (Its ran by da joooos!!!)
If you're doing any illegal shit and get put on the FBI or CIAs radar using a VPN isn't going to protect you from being vanned they can use other shit other than IP address to track your retarded ass

pcmag.com/news/nordvpn-actually-we-do-comply-with-law-enforcement-data-requests
again, it's the same for any vpn that is doing business legally.
not complying with lawful requests would put the owners in prison and bankrupt the company.

>"However, if a court order were issued according to laws and regulations, if it were legally binding under the jurisdiction that we operate in, and if the court were to reject our appeal, then there would be no other option but to comply. The same applies to all existing VPN companies if they operate legally. In fact, the same applies to all companies in the world," NordVPN said.
>"Some people think that VPNs can somehow operate above the law and no matter what, they will never comply with lawful requests issued by a court. It simply isn’t accurate," the company added. "Truly legitimate and reputable companies will always operate within the law. That is important to understand."
companies saying they would do everything to challenge the request is just posturing and PR. there's nothing they can do to challenge them.