Have my password be something like: FqL8vbscvrDe7eVW#fmMaqR*E&%n3mR8w9!72soD96UU#9zUNK*t@G47t

>Have my password be something like: FqL8vbscvrDe7eVW#fmMaqR*E&%n3mR8w9!72soD96UU#9zUNK*t@G47t
>There is still a non-zero chance it hashes the same as something stupid like "bobby123"

Attached: file.png (225x225, 66.11K)

its easy, just dont exceed the bit capacity of the hash. halve the length and its pretty much guaranteed to be unique

1/2^256 is not zero but it's also not worth worrying about.

>what is a salt

still non zero

a miserable pile of sodium.

so? your password isn't actually bobby123 so ur good

Does it really?
I though if the input was unique the output was unique too.

hash collision means both are valid logins

someone could input "bobby123" as password and get into my account.

***almost unique

Nope, hash functions are surjective, which means many inputs map to the same output.

no they can't it's not ur password

Theoretically an infinite ammount of inputs.

everything in life is a non-zero chance when you think about it.

most hashing algorithms use a random salt so even if your password is the same as another user the hash will be different

You saying my waifu could become real?

that's not what surjective means

There's a non-zero chance that I will randomly type a username and password and it'll be correct.

Do you know what a hash is?
Do you know how passwords are stored?
Or do you think passwords are stored as plain text? Please don't tell me thats what they teach you in your shit tier college.

There is almost 100% chance the cloud service is spying on you.

You have no idea what surjective means. Hash functions are decidedly neither surjective or injective by design. Kill yourself, please and thank you.

sodium chloride

hot

Technically all functions are surjective onto some set.

So you are saying there is a chance I'm not a fat loser, friendless, kissless, hughless, hand-holdless virgin with a small phimosis dick?

Attached: file.png (550x339, 272.97K)

I don't use cloud services.

Just hash the output with another hash function

Attached: 123.jpg (601x508, 93.75K)

Nonono then I would have only half of the protection. Sorry but I can't do this.

For your own server you can use keys to authenticate.

that's the smallest non-zero chance of them all