The most power efficient distro/DE?

The most power efficient distro/DE?
Did anyone tested various distros/DEs to see what is most power efficient?

Attached: print-170801272.jpg (800x800, 26.62K)

gnome wayland fedora

don't know about that, I tried it and CPU usage is going like crazy in GNOME

linux degrades batteries not just giving less battery time
>sudo apt install windows on ssd

Nobody knows, ive heard 4/10 people say its xfce, 3/10 people say its kde, 1/10 say its lxde, 0.5/10 say its gnome and 1.5/10 that say something that is not those 4. Going by democracy its xfce but democracy doesnt mean much when everyone is throwing shit at the wall

macOS

Windows, your hardware manufacturer only make certification for msft, any other shit is wack

it's below one percent for me and the fans don't even spin up most of the time
but it may be because my cpu is powerful and pretty power efficient at the same time
nope, macos is very heavy and is second power-hungry to windows
it's just that apple adapts and optimizes it for their laptops like everyone else does for windows
nobody optimizes for linux making it lose the huge potential and letting apploo be the champion of battery life race (windows could not ever compete because it's kernel is absolute primitive garbage for power efficiety working on thousands of shitty hacks)

Yeah, but you won't have thumbnails in the filepicker lagging your PC.
One of GNOME's best features if you ask me.

How does this really make sense, though?
>it's just that apple adapts and optimizes it for their laptops like everyone else does for windows
Then why does Apple most of the time score better than Windows notebooks, even during Intel times?
>nobody optimizes for linux making it lose the huge potential and letting apploo be the champion of battery life race (windows could not ever compete because it's kernel is absolute primitive garbage for power efficiety working on thousands of shitty hacks)
Then why does no one doing Linux driver development focus on energy usage?

>Then why does Apple most of the time score better than Windows notebooks, even during Intel times?
because windows is pajeet garbage os

no de

>it's below one percent for me and the fans don't even spin up most of the time
of course when you do nothing
try using the computer, CPU especially gnome-shell is quite hungry compared to xfwm (Xfce)
when I tested on some heavy webpage, GNOME was using 1-2W more than Xfce

>of course when you do nothing
i run terminal windows, file manager and a browser and gnome shell still takes little to no cpu
>xfce
on my laptop running xorg alone makes the machine produce heat and enable fans killing the battery twice as fast

>on my laptop running xorg alone makes the machine produce heat and enable fans killing the battery twice as fast
Nvidiot detected

yeah i have optimus
how do i disable it? i already tried everything and it still powers on
but the display is processed on igpu and not the nvidia

don't know, I only one had laptop with discrete GPU in like 2014-2015, after that I decided to never buy laptop with discrete GPU ever again

Why not

because of issues in Linux and battery is shit

useless
by the time you'd get any significant performance gain the whole laptop has already begun cooking itself
and to switch optimus you need to open nvidia xorg settings then set it to always use igpu
also enjoy no hw acceleration for videos in the web browser, fuck nvidia

I see, although...
>battery is shit
Not so much of a problem in windows. Then again, I guess this only applies to the more efficient GPU's like the RTX 3050. It looks like nvidia is still fucking over linux unfortunately.