Visual Studio Code is greatest programming environment ever. Running app, debugging, remote debugging, reading logs...

Visual Studio Code is greatest programming environment ever. Running app, debugging, remote debugging, reading logs, deployment, you can do all of without ever leaving your editor. Every programmer productiveness will rise through the roof if he decides never to directly call any unix utility again but instead proxy everything through VSCode. He does not need to waste time learning ton of shortcuts or write lisp like some bearded autists with emacs, he just click here and there, install this and that plugin, and all just works, and is fast and lightweight and comfy to use compared to normal Visual Studio.

Attached: vscode.png (1200x1200, 67.81K)

Attached: 9c71.jpg (1327x1920, 270.81K)

But at what cost? You have no privacy. Also the performance is shit because it's a glorified web app. I do agree that it has a large feature set though.

I too love editing text documents in chrome

I just need to buy more RAM to make sure all my chrome instances run well! Chrome + Edge + MSTeams + VSCode + Discord + My vibrator app
oh I love chrome!!!!

Literally go with VS codium retard

>retard can't read past the first two sentences

i tried to switch to vscode twice and most of the extensions are broken
webshits will put up with the most inane garbage as long as the UI is pretty

You make a good point...

t. retard that never touched proper IDEs

I unironically love VS Code and VS 2022 too.

They are made with PRODUCTIVITY in mind, not that any of you neckbeard autists know anything about it.

>b-but is bloat! It runs slow!
It runs butter smooth on my PC. Maybe get a job so you can buy a decent modern computer. That brokek thinkpad you got from craiglist is obsolete btw

> Visual Studio
100% RAM
> JetBrains
100% RAM
vscode is better.

How? How is it better? Everything in that glorified text editor is second class citizen. There is no consistent UI between extensions, everything is hidden behind memeterial icons. How is it better you fucking zoomer?

I enjoy it
There are defects and bloat, but i enjoy it all the same.

feetadashi

>switch to vscode
>98% RAM use
>5% of the features

>Also the performance is shit because it's a glorified web app
if your pc can compile your code it can handle vscode.

Doom Emacs is way better than VSCode

looks like you are a hit programmer then because you mentioned "debugging" a few times. If you can write good code you don't need to debug and you don't need babbys first text editor.

When you're writing actual code rather than fizz buzz, the program most likely will not work correctly the first time.
And while having some great deducing skills will do, being able to actually look at the shit running do cut the bug hunting time significantly.

building c++ apps on it is fucking ass
just use visual studio

>he didn't understand the post

always use codium over vscode