>Location
>Budget
>Open or closed
>Over-ear or on-ear
>Intended use / Favorite music
>Other requirements

FAQ:
>Do I need an amplifier?
Depends on sensitivity (most important) and impedance (less important)!!!
low impedance, high sensitivity -> No
low impedance, low sensitivity -> Yes
high impedance, high sensitivity -> Yes, but this config is still somewhat decent without an amp
high impedance, low sensitivity -> YES, you will need a thick and beefy amp for this one
>Do I need a DAC?
Yes, but most dedicated DACs in 2022 are more than competent; spending anything more than $100 on a dedicated DAC is retarded and anyone telling you to do so is a sucker trying to sell you a placebo. Look for DACs that support high resolution ( >44.1
Khz) and bit depth (>16 bit)

>Good reviewers?
They all suck in their own way, take all of their takes with a grain of salt.

Last thread:

Attached: w8zW3ZMDSIGNSowpwZxN_1qgg6z67QSmBxSQ9lmfT_0Dp6qsbLQEO01b5EXV27_pc.jpg (1080x1080, 72.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sony.com/lr/electronics/headband-headphones/wh-xb900n
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any headphone yet.

Are the DT 700 Pro X any good? Looking for a good closed back that is easy to run. I have the 900 Pro X and I'm wondering if they are close enough or if I should look for something else.

Any reason not get an ATH-R70x for $400 AUD?

Attached: 81ZiNYR+U8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (943x1500, 208.04K)

Sundara.

current headphones: sony.com/lr/electronics/headband-headphones/wh-xb900n

what should i upgrade to? just looking for general high audio quality, nothing specific

HD6xx

Considering getting some Sony WH-1000XM5 for home use. Are they the best

>Are they the best

Those are travel headphones, their main feature is blocking noise. If your home isn't silent and there are lots of regular noise (loud traffic noises, engines, vacuum, fans...) then they should be good, but if it's a completely silent place you can do a lot better with a lot less sound-wise.

love my KPH30i so much

>Are they the best

I tried them at BB yesterday and walked out empty handed. Very underwhelmed after reading about so much hype

they do what they're supposed to, which is blocking noise adaptively
but they're not the best at being headphones

yes, but if you have the 900 pro x already you might want to get something a little more different, like the focal elegia
beyers, sennheisers, and focals have always been and still are good headphone recommendations
hd 6xx/dt 900 pro x/dt 880 600 ohm/focal elex/elegia

Anons, Im thinking of selling a k712 of mine for $120 (shaft that keeps the xlr connector in place cracked and I had to glue the xlr connector back in because it came off, see pic) I wasn't able to fit it back in completely but its glued in now and otherwise works completely fine. No box or bag anymore, but I have the 2 cables it comes with.

Attached: 20220711_141613[1].jpg (4000x3000, 2.7M)

Yesterday i bought a samsung galaxy s22 ultra and this thing doesn't have an audio jack the store gave me a cheap usb c to 3.5mm jack for it but even when i have the volume turned all the way up it sounds like it's only at 30% or less i was wondering what usb c adaptor would you guys recommend for a pair of DT 700 pro X's to make the volume loud and sound full? Should i look at DACS?

Look at one of those dongle DACs like a CX31993 first, if that still doesn't get loud enough then get an amplifier or portable DAC/amp combo.

I have Sennheiser 600 headphones and an XLR microphone. Is there an audio interface that will be powerful enough so that I won't have to buy an amp? Bugdet is $200.

Attached: Ep48_Eggman_confused.jpg (640x479, 64.18K)

>states I want something similar
>suggest getting something different
I'm not spending the extra money to get something I know I won't like dumbass.

Uhh try apple dongle