mechmap.tech/themap
keycaplendar.firebaseapp.com
mechgroupbuys.com/keyboards
alexotos.com/keyboard-vendor-list/

>News:
Keebmonkey 1800 Gasket kit released.
AKKO 5075B Plus released.
ACR Pro barebone DIY kits released.

No, Ducky, Steelseries, Razer, Corsair, etc. is not good. You are paying for the brand. This applies mildly to Leopold, Filco, Varmilo, and other brands from the late 2000s to early 2010s, which are dated (they are well-built keyboards but do not have any features that are now quite common).

Switches have evolved from the standard red/brown/blue. Use the template and wait for anons to recommend better alternatives.

>Relevant Links:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyqKj7LwU2RulAjHczohbx5OyJQ8TaFM0

previous thread:

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 120.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/1eilgXbyy053
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for split columnar stagger.

Attached: NrTErRh.jpg (3869x2685, 2.74M)

What website should I use to relearn touch typing properly on my new split keyboard? I have a bad habit of hitting keys that should be hit with the right hand with my left and it causes me extra strain.

>

Attached: 1641076093187.png (1505x1709, 1.02M)

Keybr.com

Sorry about shit sound quality, but would this be considered thock? I bought gateron ink black switches and tried lubing them.
voca.ro/1eilgXbyy053

no

>bad habit of hitting keys that should be hit with the right hand with my left
So you never learned proper touch typing anyway. You don't need a website. The keyboard being split itself will help you since you're physically unable to type using wrong hand.

What are /mkg/'s endgame switches?

Also interested if anyone has discovered any dark horse switches that are not often mentioned.

Either a beamspring or alps type click leaf in a hall effect switch, with QMK support & easy requirements PCB side.

I'm also just adjusting to my Moonlander, so I figured if I learned from scratch it'd be better anyway.

Genuinely, why do you care? It's entirely subjective, and dependent on the recording environment.
Only slime people worship keyboard sound and debate over stuff like "thock" and "clack."

Attached: crack sip.jpg (2345x1563, 552.27K)

I had a nightmare last night that I was in some hypercritical file with vim and the only way to type was to press the literal insert key, i didn't work, sed didn't work. The only option was insert, and the keyboard was like the one in OP without an insert key but with everything else. Had a volume dial instead.
What do you think this means Any Forums?

if i did hypercritical work i wouldnt have an 1800 keyboard

It means you should use layers and/or learn to pick the right tools for the job, probably.

imagine caring about if other people consider the sound of a keyboard "thock" on an ethiopian football sewing board.

Attached: 1657253645007.png (1288x509, 1.54M)

What do you think the Num Lock key is for, dipshit? The Nav cluster is redundant. You're either navigating or entering numbers, you don't need both. Numerical input is easier on a tenkey. 1800s are space-saving with no unnecessary keys or comprises.

that looks like shit ngl

>gets mad that I posted about a dream

Yep, that's GMK for you.