Picrel is comfy as hell. i've used bash for literal decades but i was forced into using zsh at work and i really love it

picrel is comfy as hell. i've used bash for literal decades but i was forced into using zsh at work and i really love it

Attached: 1_oO43IFLliI6AxohJ2sc9Ug.jpg (900x300, 20.22K)

They're basically exactly the same thing for 99% of what you'd use a shell for, and the rest is slightly different ways to do the same things.

the zsh autocomplete and autosuggestions spoiled me

yeah added zimfw and its been comfy city ever since

Bash has very similar autocompletion and suggestions if you properly enable them

That's the point, essentially. Its learning curve is a horizontal line.

I like it but I don't get why you're evangelizing for it. Any Linux user who cares will just switch to it or not, and any user who doesn't will just use whatever default shell comes ships with their distro. For example when I was on tranjaro, I had no idea there was anything other than zsh and I thought bash was a scripting language for zsh

zshcompsys is ridiculous
t. tcsh user

>when I was on tranjaro, I had no idea there was anything other than zsh and I thought bash was a scripting language for zsh
I'm amazed that retarded kids who know so little are actually using Linux and even distrohopping to meme distros these days. Really says a lot about how accessible Linux has become. I don't think I like it.

Explain how zsh is better than bash.

>Bash has very similar autocompletion and suggestions if you properly enable them
How to enable it?

it's a cool bash extension for retards. it's nice until it gets in your way. plus, lots of colors to make retards wet their panties. of course it had to be promoted by Arch.

Read the manual

>it's a cool bash extension for retards
You don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about

meant to say it's basically a fork + eye candy

Digging yourself deeper, retard. Is it really that hard to just not comment on shit you don't know anything about? Trying to be intentionally vague and then correcting yourself to some other vague made-up shit when you get called out isn't doing you any favors. You always have the option to just not open your mouth.

>but i was forced into using zsh at work
are you using a mac?

Fish is way more comfy. Had to switch back go zsh, but I will always miss fish.

Not developed by a half jew half nog

is this a rice thread

Attached: 1603207360700.jpg (1894x1090, 252.55K)

Can you add a background image to Alacritty? Side note:
>google this
>see some github BS about feature request, thread closed and marked as duplicate
>get link to other thread
>closed and marked as duplicate
>links back to the original thread
what in da fug

If you haven't yet, check out powerlevel10k.

oh-my-zsh is the epitome of bloat for fags who don't know how to configure their own shell.

zsh-autosuggestions and zsh-syntax-highlighting are good packages.

who cares

iterm2 + zsh + oh my zsh + powerlevel10k + a few plugins = goat

I just use fish and enjoy my easy to use shell without having to be a tinker tranny.

>who cares
Everyone with a functioning brain

Being opinionated about what shell someone else uses is a waste of time.

oh-my-zsh isn't a shell, retard. I made no comment about the use of zsh itself, which is fine.

My mistake, I shouldn't have thought that you could infer "shell plugins" from "shell".

>say objectively incorrect thing
>you should have just inferred what I meant!
What a retarded way to try and save face