/spg/ - Smartphone General

Smartphone """"""""""""photography"""""""""""" edition

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Custom ROMs suggestions, privacy guides
gearjail.neocities.org/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on a good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: s22ultra.jpg (1278x988, 636.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

petapixel.com/2022/05/31/smartphone-cameras-will-be-superior-to-slrs-by-2024-says-sony-ceo/
dpreview.com/sample-galleries/2515724743/fujifilm-gfx-100s-sample-gallery/5846468514
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is the smallest phone with Lineageos 19 support? My current phone (Sony Xperia XA2) breaks down and I am sick of phones getting larger every year. My pockets are not growing larger, they pretty much stay the same.

Attached: sister2.jpg (1000x1500, 130.09K)

Is /e/OS good?

Lads?

Would you believe me if I told you this was an image of a park with blossoming trees?

Attached: iphonese2022.jpg (1308x953, 769.16K)

I can understand the easiness to use, and I am even considering getting one (since I just found out that the iPhone 13 is dual-SIM), but even as you said, I'd need to buy an airpod at the very least (smartwatches are a meme in my eyes so I can skip it).
I could also just get a phone on contract which would just be very cheap, but I've never done that before, does anyone have any experiences with it? In case it's relevant, I am looking for a german phone provider.

how is this shit even possible in 2022?

Okay, I've made up my mind not to get one.

Don't worry, flagships aren't any better

Attached: vivox80pro.jpg (1260x837, 713.21K)

Are you sure these aren't compressed or something? My Huawei P30 Lite takes better photos than this

I am sure, this is the state of smartphone photography in 2022. Instead of chasing improvements in lenses and sensors, they decided to instead crank up the sharpening and denoising filters while selling it as improved.

"Smartphone Cameras Will Be Superior to SLRs by 2024, Says Sony CEO"
petapixel.com/2022/05/31/smartphone-cameras-will-be-superior-to-slrs-by-2024-says-sony-ceo/

Now, here is a crop from a real camera.
dpreview.com/sample-galleries/2515724743/fujifilm-gfx-100s-sample-gallery/5846468514

These grifters really fooled dumb niggers into believing they've defied the laws of physics.

Attached: gfx100s.png (954x643, 980.68K)

You can get banking apps to work in Graphene using sandboxed Google Play Services.

>OnePlus Nord
Oh. Lineage then. But does it even have that?

As always, it depends on what you want out of your phone.

Zenfone 8 or Pixel 5

Fast, reliable, affordable. I'm itching for iOS, but I'm on the fence because I would be switching from a "modern" looking 2019 Android to a 2015-looking iPhone. I know the SE 2022 is blazing fast with the A15 and it's gonna be supported for a long time but it doesn't really have that cool factor that other new phones do. I kinda like the retro design but I'm not sure how others would feel about it, they'd say I got memed into buying it for no good reason.

Get the A52s/A52 5g

My brother has had some bad experiences with his S10 so I'm skeptical about Samsung products to be honest.

Such as? My gf moved from a iphone 7 to a A52s and she loves it.

Faulty charging port / internal issues, had to get it serviced like 3 times

Weird. Ever since the move to USB C I haven't ever had that problem.

He kept getting error messages that there was moisture in his charging port and shit, and the charging experience was all around slow and terrible, among other things