Is vim worth it for a web shitter?

is vim worth it for a web shitter?

Attached: 1324443241.png (1000x562, 867.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rockerBOO/awesome-neovim
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

vim is not worth it for anyone. It's a meme.

Learn vim and then move to emacs with evil mode.

slow

vim is the best editor all aroudn

Just use anything

VSCode being Electron makes it almost Emacsy for frontend or node.js webshitting. Just use the Vim extension and you're done.

why would it not be? it's just a text editor

it's useful for anything relating to editing text, regardless of whatever language you're using

Vscode shortcuts + custom snippets provide the same level of productivity, if not better. Ctrl+p and @ or # make navigation really easy, along with find and replace. I don't see what makes vim useful. It's tedious to config, plugins break constantly.

vim extension is good enough for 90% of people. If you want to go i3 ricing route and waste hours learning and editing config files go for it but if you actually want to work the extensions will do just as well.

when are you going to actually write some code and stop worrying about the thing you write it in?

Vim itself isn't good, it's the vim way of editing that's fast and good, and you can install vim into visual studio if you want.

I tried neovim like 2 weeks ago, haven't used vscode since.
>t. web shitter

Can you elaborate? What do you like in neovim that you couldn't get in vsc?

it's basically the same if you do some set up but
1. I liked that it is in a terminal because I use git via the terminal.
2. not microsoft
that's basically it.

how long did it take to configure it?

maybe an hour or so, most time consuming was to find the right stuff I need/want.
Now I just uploaded my config files to github and when I am on another computer I just copy them and am done. easy

Isn't there a vim extension for vscode?

this repo was a goldmine.
github.com/rockerBOO/awesome-neovim

>plugins break constantly
t. Someone who has never used (neo)vim

VS Code is essentialy another browser running on your PC so it's already the best IDE for web devs.

vscode + vim plugin. I've tried several times to setup vim like a modern ide, but its too much of a hassle and I have to do it on a per language basis.

>so it's already the best IDE for web devs.
bullshit. I know many web shitters, me included, who don't use vscode.

frontend webshit is basically the only actual reason to use vschode