/dmp/ - Digital Music Production

>Wikis
dmpdoc.neocities.org/
web.archive.org/web/20220330105340/https://rentry.org/dmpdoc
rentry.org/dmprockandroll/
mu-sic-production.fandom.com/wiki/Any Forumssic_Production_Wiki

----------

>Any Forums makes a fifth album
Theme: Love songs (not necessarily romantic, can also be bro)
Title: "My only bugs are the butterflies in my stomach"
Artist: Whatever you choose for your track, and "Anonymous" for the songs without an artist name.
Cover art: desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1653/00/1653001709325.png
Submission deadline: Midnight between the 13th and the 14th of August (UTC)
Upload the file somewhere and post the link here.
If possible use a lossless format and upload to a file-sharing service, not to a music site like SoundCloud or Vocaroo.
IMPORTANT: Include the title of the song in the post. Don't rely on us reading it from the filename or tags.
IMPORTANT: Songs that contain anything against YouTube's policies won't be oploaded on YT (but will still be added to the album)

>Any Forums makes a sixth album
Theme: "Amen Break-up": DnB breakup songs

PLEASE SUGGEST TITLES

>Where can I hear the previous albums?
rentry.org/dmpalbums

Previous thread:

Attached: 1658195397847263.jpg (1280x720, 85.21K)

Please post title suggestions for the 6th album.

Theme:
"Amen Break-up": DnB breakup songs

Current suggestions:
>chickens
>Amen Break-up
>Downright Peculiar

ngmi

You're a dickless monkey

tomorrow I promise i'll get back to regularly scheduled DAW'ing
;___;

serum > dx7

phase plant > serum > *power gap* > dx7

>phase plant > serum > *power gap* > dx7 > *power gap* > prophets

YM2612 > everything

Attached: 1630405286943.png (640x457, 549.94K)

Not sure if this is the right threat to ask, but here's my setup. The Rolls MX42 is a passive mixer which works fine, but it also does dampen/flatten the sound a bit. I have been considering the Rolls active RCA mixer, but not sure if it's the right choice.

What I'd like to be able to do is mix together sound from my desktop, the NanoPC(mini server), and bluetooth(not 100% necessary) into my amp. So my question is, is there a device I could get to do this digitally? Is there a DAC with two or more inputs that can mix those together and then pass them on to the AMP via RCA?

Also, is it affordable? Or is what I'm looking for just rare/expensive? Because I can't seem to find something like that.

Attached: Audio_v2.jpg (1869x988, 140.36K)

I've been eyeing this Rolls MX51s, which is a bit overkill, since I just need 2/3 inputs, and don't need that mic in, but it is active, so it shouldn't dampen the sound as much as the passive MX42.

But if there was a digital mixer I could use over USB for the 2/3 devices I have, that would be amazing.

Attached: file.png (349x500, 158.72K)

Attached: (JPEG Image, 245 × 206 pixels).jpg (245x206, 6.35K)

Ahem, Amen

Do any of you ITT use Linux as daily driver? I'm about to make the switch because fuck Microsoft. I think I still have to dual-boot or use VMs because I have a bunch of plugins and sample libraries dependent on iLok.

Attached: 1652314995113.jpg (1066x1280, 111.62K)

I used to but I had to use windows for music. Still, Reaper, Renoise and Ardour (haven't tried it) are good enough. I don't like LMMS and milkytracker still filters me

Not sure if this is already a thing, but any user wrote a plain text cheat sheet of scales? I'm tired of going to pianoscales.org (I even downloaded it in HTML), but I want to just have all the scales for emacs

Nevermind my post, I forgot I still have to put up with ProTools for professional projects. I have no option but to keep some sort of Windows install. I'll look into running a VM because I hate having to dual-boot.

Attached: 1642841620023.png (612x596, 109.48K)

VMs are garbage, always have been, always will be. Even with hardware passthrough it can be a bitch. But yeah, if you add a dedicated card and drive for windows to do passthrough into the VM... you might as well just run a separate machine just for windows.

Lonox is incompatible with creative work, especially music production. Don't waste your time

Tell me how pro tools is like. I got some professional projects too but I just use ableton to mix/master songs. Especially, how good is pro tools for albums?

Your best bet is Wine but then what's the point of using Lonox. If you're gonna just do everything in a Windows emulator anyway

If you're only producing music just keep using Live, which is what I use. I only use ProTools when working on AV media (sound design, dubbing, etc.).

That's a bumper. I have strong ADD so I keep opening and closing my DAW throughout the day either to record ideas, or use amp sims to play guitar, when I'm not properly sitting down to work on something.