QD-OLED is a Korean scam technology...

QD-OLED is a Korean scam technology. Using blue organic LEDs as a backlight only exacerbates the burn-in due to their notoriously lower lifespan than red and green organic LEDs. More nits are achieved thanks to high frequency to low frequency colored light conversion and quantum dots' general energy efficiency which does make reds and greens brighter but that's a mute point when the underlying blue OLEDs lose their brightness fast.

Attached: 180329_QD_OLED.png (797x599, 423.33K)

The problem is only in the blue spectrum of light. monochrome green/red oled could live for hundreds of years

If quantum dots, on the contrary, accelerated the spectrum of light, i.e. converted red light into green and blue, then the displays would really live for 100 years.

That's not how red/blue shift works.

Many people say that microled is the end of the game. what about laser diodes? they have a more accurate light spectrum and they can reach 100-110% by 2020, while LEDs are 90% maximum. Is it possible to reduce laser diodes size to make them for self emissive subpixels?

Is there any information on how big the qds are and what kind of material they use?

wrong

>mute point
Is this a meme or are zoomers really this tarded

So they just need a green led constantly moving towards the viewer at hundreds of meters per second? Sounds doable!

the latter

>makes for better picture
>but less durable xD
Fuck this videogame bullshit, why does real life have to be ""balanced""? Just make something without downsides for fuck's sake.

It's not clear what you said. Blue OLED is the first to burn out so after 15,000 hours of use the monitor is not capable of displaying blue and hence white/cyan/turquoise/magenta. Now all the LEDs burn out synchronisely evenly because they are blue, the quantum dots just convert the second and third subpixels blue OLED to red and green.

*ladder

It's on my table and works. I also have burn in warranty that comes standard, so I don't really care. I'll probably have a new one before it even comes to that.

MiniLED + QD is the best stopgap display tech until MicroLED makes everything oveolete.

Attached: tcl-mini-led-2.jpg (1292x592, 57.08K)

yes but for not even a second and it can go back

Enjoy halos. Im personally prefer QD-OLED

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 72.7K)

>korean

FALD still looks like shit compared to any emissive display. I'd rather just replace my TV every 3 years

Why does it matter if red and green are derived from blue. Blue would still be the limiting factor anyway. Having them all be the same color would actually lessen burn in issues as at least there would be less uneven wear.

lol it doesn't look this bad in person. I'm curious how they were able to improve it so much for the 14/16" MacBook pros released in the same year with a similar number of dimming zones.

just like turn your brightness down lmao