Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (642x507, 134.17K)

The employer for not reading the contract properly

History will decide.
Also go back.

This. Also the business douche for slow walking someone on payment because they think they have power over them.

Attached: 1658620621309348.gif (300x385, 3.92M)

Employer fucked up

You, for using reddit.

this, why can't you fucks keep your gay shit over there

install gentoo

If he really owns the IP he's within his rights. But I sure hope anons on Any Forums dont follow his example. Software you write and put out to the world can be used in ways you could never comprehend. You can't prove it's not causing physical harm to some unrelated 3rd party when you pull stunts like this.

>You can't prove it's not causing physical harm to some unrelated 3rd party when you pull stunts like this.
?
That is just legal gibberish.
Guy on OPs reddit repost shitpost is in the position where client fails to pay the bills, and as a result is basically insolvent.
The only problem with what the picture insuates, is that it results in burning bridges.

stop reading reddit ffs
this sounds just like one of those everyone clapped stories

Fortunately you're innocent until proven guilty in civilized countries. You don't have to prove you're not causing harm, the accuser has to prove that you are.

I'm not a lawyer. I wasn't trying to use legal gibberish. I would genuinely try everything in my power before pulling the plug like that and I hope everyone does the same.

>client fails to pay the bills, and as a result is basically insolvent
Then you start bringing down the service gradually like a civilized human being. Maybe 1 hour downtime at midnight and then 2 tomorrow and so on.

I'm not accusing him of being anything other than an asshole. I only ask people not to be like him.

>Fortunately you're innocent until proven guilty in civilized countries.
Just like snowden and witness K, right?

>Then you start bringing down the service gradually like a civilized human being.
This assumes you retain enough control of THEIR servers that you can pull the plug if it turns out the client is insolvent or unwilling. And that is a very dangerous game.
Backup and then setup a delayed system purge of your code is far safer, but that do require the unwilling part to not do backups/freezes to ensure salvage. Which means its also a dangerous game to play.
And nuking assumes their system isn't running extensive backup, where its just a few rounds of salvaging backups to get it up and running again.

OPs story is awful, for the very simple reason that OP failed to get half a years worth of contract payment, could not secure that money via legal efforts, but also lucked out on the contractee not having a sane backup scheme.

>also lucked out on the contractee not having a sane backup scheme.
if he didn't give them the rights to the code, they still legally can't use it.

While that is true.
They also haven't paid for the code they are currently using.

If OP's story had access to better legal help, I assume the case would have ended with the company being forced to pay out significantly more.

>He says, on a website known for the bullshit stories

Any Forums is more trustworthy than reddit

Not sure if gullible and retarded or baiting

It's the truth. You should go back