How can I monetise an open source project?

How can I monetise an open source project?

Attached: 1634631282745.png (222x179, 85.7K)

in my ass

Make it useless without a backend that demands subscriptions made on # of requests

The most profitable linux distros like fedora, ubuntu and suse make most of their money from "professional" 24/7 tech support subscriptions

source is available, but if you want binaries or support then it's paid
even AGPL allows you to do that, just make sure to share the source.
filters out people who can't into compiling

You can't, freetards want everything for free and are stingy as fuck

Unironically great thread, I didn't know this.

Based licence

beg

The problem with open sources is you can't hide from the patent kikes.

Do people generally donate to stuff they use?

lmao

Yes if:
Age above 30
Good income (not poor)
Has an interesting in IT (not shiny bling)

This means you will get donations but very few.

just sell it on steam faggot

Repackage and sell as your program, I do thatwith Floreant POS

Honestly i find this a fair compromise. You're charging for the service of setting up the environment and sparing the resources to build the software.

Huh? It's open sores because everybody knew they couldn't make any money off it.

that's what it really is, you as client pay for the machinery needed to build the software and the time spent doing support for it, while the source is still available there to your hacking pleasure but without real support

The Krita devs did this with the Microsoft Store builds, but the jews outlawed it, i feel a bit bad for them now. Fucking easy to just demand key based auth from the first party maintainers to clear out totally unrelated Big Sirfuls reselling free software builds with added analytics.

>Big Sirfuls reselling free software builds with added analytics.
aren't those builds almost every time gpl violation since if those builds even link to some source code it just links to vanilla program source code instead of the modified one

take your software and offer cloud services for a premium
take your software and add premium features to a private branch which only allows access after payment

It is, but MS is a lazy org, outright ban is easier.