The Best OS ever

Is the Tiger. But finally so-called progress forced me to update my hardware and I am not amused with Catalina. Bloody Apple. Fucked nearly everything they can.
Still better than Windows, but...

Attached: os-x-10.4-640.jpg (640x480, 49.81K)

Snow Leopard is/was objectively the best OS X version.

Everything after 10.2 is bloat

Leopard

>SLOW Leopard
>better than Leopard
You're funny, zoomie
Reminder that Snow Leopard only existed to re-write parts of the old system, better on paper maybe but in reality, it made it a slow-buggy mess that only existed for Apple to beta test OS X for future releases

t. Poorfag that only could afford the bottom line Macs

Well, I never tried it - speaking of Macs, switched straight from Tiger to Catalina. But in my life I used many OSes, even thing like Morphos or eComStation, various versions of Windows and Linux distros, and never seen any better thing than Tiger.

Tiger doesn't have Time Machine nor Version Control. It also doesn't have QuickLook.

>Tiger doesn't have Time Machine
Never ever needed it
>nor Version Control. It also doesn't have QuickLook.
Dont know what it is :-)
But I liked widgets, for example. Windows like behaviour of app widows, shitty fullscreen mode, many other things in newer macos version are irritating/unnecessary.

>never needed Time Machine
You don't make backups? Nor never used backups? Then you have no valid opinions based on what OS is superior.
Time Machine is literally the best backup utility any OS has had built in. You just select what place you want to backup to, whether a local external drive or a NAS. It'll fill up your regular hard drive with local backups that don't count towards used storage, for temporary when no backup disk is available capabilities to restore files, while making full disk bootable backups on the storage medium you chose. It'll automatically back up to your NAS while the computer is plugged in and asleep. The backups are incremental as well and can be encrypted.
>don't know what Version Control is
It allows you to back to a previous version of a file, copy something, then go back to the current version and paste it in. Literally a godsend if something got fucked or forgotten about along the way.

>Time Machine is literally the best backup utility any OS has had built in
Maybe. But the most unnecessary, considering we're speaking about macOS :-) I've had four macs in my life, using them since 2006, never had any problem with system or data loss. Backups aren't thing I care for.

You're just being an idiot/retard then.

>using Apple hardware instead of running on generic AMD64 hardware when Snow Leopard was current
Lol, I guess it's a perfect example of more money than sense

>Snow Leopard is slower on both expensive high end and cheap low end Macs compared to Leopard
>meanwhile has no benefits (at the time of it's existence, sure it had better API support later on, but so does every newer version of the OS)
big brain logic

>meanwhile SL was faster than regular L for about 50% of tests/benchmarks and the same speed for the remaining 30% of tests/benchmarks, only being slower for ~20% of tests/benchmarks

>never used SL
got it

Have used Panther, Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, etc.
There was no real performance impact on Leopard vs Snow Leopard.

not just performance, but also buggier

Objectively incorrect as they fixed almost all Leopard's bugs while not introducing many new ones since ML wasn't a feature update.

Attached: gentoo-logo.png (753x784, 80.16K)

It's still good. Get over the icons.

wrong board currynigger

Attached: 1634669886385.jpg (643x960, 237.91K)

OS X Tiger is my first OS. Love it.

How did you manage to use it until recently?