Be 2nd gen Indian-American

>Be 2nd gen Indian-American
>Trying to learn Java
>fucking class program public static void main string shit doesn't make sense
>Takes me an hour to do shit my classmates do in 15 minutes
>Thought I was supposed to be good at this shit my name's fucking Rajesh
Should I just give up at this point? I don't know if this is just an exceptionally shit course or if I'm retarded but if Java's the shit that filters me from programming I don't know if life's worth living.

Attached: itsover.png (813x1374, 230.05K)

In short, Java treats everything as an object, which means your program has to be an instance of some class. This is why your program is a class. The "main" method is the default method that gets called when you decide to run any specific Java class as a program. "public" means the method can be accessed from outside the class, "static" makes your method a class method (rather than an instance method), "void" is the return value of your method, and "String[] args" just holds an array of arguments the user may have passed to your program.

if people are doing it that fast they've probably programmed before. just ask for help, retard.

>public static void main(String args[]) {
do javafags really?

No, javafags do
public static void main(String... args) {
// your bullshit here
}

these days

>Thought I was supposed to be good at this shit my name's fucking Rajesh
Is this what Indians think? That the memes about indians in tech are supposed to imply that they're good at it?
The stereotype of your race is that you're all completely incompetent at software development, and you all flock to it anyway because it's the only thing you can do to interact with a first world country instead of working in the cow piss bottling factory. You are known for being retarded as developers. This should not surprise you. Go do something else.

>I don't know if this is just an exceptionally shit course or if I'm retarded
Java isn't difficult, it's probably the latter.
Are you trying to "learn Java" or are you trying to learn how to think in an imperative language?
If you'd be shit at writing the same thing in C you need to fix that first. You can, especially at the contracted junior dev level, basically write procedural C code wrapped inside of class boundaries and call it Java 6 compatible.

a classic example of an explanation that is only useful to people that already understand something.

my advice OP, learn another language for the basics, move to java once you're comfortably wrapped your head around object-oriented programming. alternatively, just ignore what all those keywords mean and just accept it as magic boilerplate for the time being, knowing that you'll one day understand.

Are you genuinely retarded? Quit giving us a bad name.

public = Can access the function anywhere
static = Can be accessed without creating an instance of the class aka an object
void = Doesn't have a return value
main = Main function
String[] args = String command line args

If you can't into this, just give up and go into business

Calm down Michael

I was exaggerating but honestly yeah, I might be genuinely retarded.
You're probably right. Might buy into the SCIP meme and try to get functional programming down through that.

why do indians love using java so much anyway? it's just a shitty boilerplate driven language

Attached: main.cpp.png (379x203, 6.08K)

Hello sir, your problem sir is you must take core java by mr nagoorbabu.

Shitposts aside, is it any good? May look into it.

>why do indians love using java so much anyway?
1. C++ isn't used a lot in corporate bullshit programming, which is where a lot of offshoring happened.
This is mostly a combination of corporate bullshit being CRUD shit which C++ doesn't do super well, and having boilerplate security requirements that would shit itself in a non-garbage collected language.
2. Java has been used in corporate bullshit for a while, and so it's a solid foundation to either get a shitty maintenance job and then move up from there.
If you can write something in Java, you can enforce that it has unit tests, it'll package and run on Windows and Linux, and there's enough guardrails on the language to make it really hard to shoot yourself in the foot. Reflection is a good example of that. Most shittier programmers wouldn't even know what the Reflection API is, let alone how to start calling it, and so you won't usually find stupid bullshit done with it. If everything else is the same 6 classes rewritten for whatever the current crop of bullshit is, even the stupidest developer can't fuck it up.

It's all they're taught and it's all they can manage to work in. Indians, like any other group of incompetent programmers (like 80% of CS students of any race) need to be taught a language that has features centered around protecting the code of one developer from another. This is common in OOP languages in general and especially Java. You teach people these languages so you can sit them down in an enterprise environment, give them a ticket, and be slightly more confident that they're not going to break chunks of the codebase unrelated to what they're working on.
There's so much boilerplate you're forced to use in Java, that it's obviously terrible for teaching to students. Just to introduce a Hello World snippet, you have to tell Java students to ignore the parts about classes and property access and arrays "for now" and just copy this incantation. But we have to start them out learning Java even though it's terrible for introducing concepts, because trying to teach them *two* languages would be asking way too much from most of them. So we just force Java down their throats and throw them straight into a cubicle and tell them to get to work and try not to fuck anything up too much.
It's all they'll ever have any reason to know.

lisp

>2nd gen american
wtf man
Indians try to forced into code monkeying or any stem because they want to escape poverty.
Wagecucking is the only way for a common man in corruptionmaxxed country to escape abject poverty.
It is the only job that gives liveable salary.
Go do something else. Become dosa maker in restaurant, become a handyman or
some other stuff to live happy. You don't have to do this.

>fucking class program public static void main string shit doesn't make sense
what doesn't make sense about it?
explained it pretty well. You might just be overwhelmed.

good morning ser, maybe u cannot redeeming the cs degree ser

What's up, Raj.

In Common Lisp this is just
(format t "suck on this, javafags")

Grim morning sir...

is there even a difference