Recommendations for just works light weight distros?

I've been meaning to convert my family's shitty old laptops to linux but I can't think of which just works distro I should go with. Any suggestions?

Attached: 0x0.jpg (1200x486, 42.1K)

What about Xubuntu?

mx linux
peppermint os

You can't go wrong with Arch. Or just use Manjaro or Endeavor.

>shitty old laptops
then go with Lubuntu

Xubuntu
Xubuntu
Xubuntu
Xubuntu
Its Xubuntu
That's the one you want
Xubuntu

archlinux + gnome

Linux lite

android

Ubuntu flavor. Budgie has that gay Mac feel that homo nornies want. Otherwise if the like windows go with mint as that shit looks exactly like XP.

ubuntu or xubuntu

that's fucking obivous

Attached: 1130px-MX_Linux_logo.svg.png (1130x1024, 19.71K)

kubuntu

All depends on the hardware. If it can handle Mint XFCE (~500MB idle), than that will be the easiest choice. If that is too much, you can try Lubuntu, and if that is still not light enough for a snappy experience, then antiX linux is a great choice. It doesn't look all that pretty, though, so if aesthetics matter at all, that's probably not what you want to go with. But performance is excellent. Idles around 150MB. leaving a lot open if you have 4GB of RAM only.

just google chrome flex
it's literally just a browser which can run on pentium 2 with 1GB RAM

I'm currently using Mint with xfce. Is there any advantage to xubuntu?

Hardware is decent.

How shitty? I run mint xfce on celeron 2gb ram.

mx linux no systemd. no sorry i don't want to be locked down into the non systemd brain washed community

or ubuntu mate or kubuntu or regular ubuntu. my parents computer with 4 gigs of ram runs gnome and google chrome like a charm, there is no real reason to use a wm these days there are standards, wms don't respect them and every application expects you to run gnome/kde

it's the same thing. mint is xubuntu basically with another theme and no snaps

in mx you can switch to systemd in grub menu