Hi Any Forums

Hi Any Forums.
I've found something very interesting.
It appears that few hours ago Any Forums started modifying files that we upload.

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/wqhdpu29eYmOr2RSC9WMfg/

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/Pk7GHj4mBx63wvv4p_WiaQ/

wqhdpu29eYmOr2RSC9WMfg is hash of the original file that was many times uploaded to Any Forums

Pk7GHj4mBx63wvv4p_WiaQ is the hash of the same file downloaded from Any Forums now, just like you see in the op webm.

You can try it for youselve, try to post the original image in this thread.

Attached: laugh.webm (1280x720, 2.4M)

It's actually done this for a long while. At minimum for static images it runs them through some optimization on certain boards.

There's also a chance shit's getting watermarked specifically for some spooky glowy shit.

God I would do anything to be stepped on by those little sluts

it modifies the files to remove metadata

A few hours ago?
Any Forums has been removing metadata from images for like a decade by now cause idiots kept getting doxed based on exif data.
This also has some other interesting side effects like certain images having their colors or orientation fuck up.

they all need correction asap

Attached: uoooh.png (1000x1000, 53.88K)

this is exactly the thought that crossed my mind.
metadata can be a security risk, whether it be of the poster themselves or of the source they got it from. the latter being a possible motive for malicious intent.
also, metadata is bloat. don't need to let people know an image was made in photoshop times 300.

18x nakadashi.

this. they're probably pozzing the files to track people. *DO NOT* download images from this site from now on

assuming it's not removing metadata, optimizing, etc. I wonder if it's to further try and stop the immense embed spam that has plagued the site for at couple months now.

Is this show any good?

>they saw your ding-la-ling

that's been happening for years

this explanation makes the most sense to me.
for years here we used to tack ebook .rars onto the end of some 2k throwaway.gif and share ebook libraries right here thru Any Forums in book threads.

i'm sure people are up to the same tricks, just using some other file format trick now.

There was an issue where people got doxxed for exif data on photos so Any Forums started scrubbing redundant bits

Could this be related to this? Suddenly webms that worked before now no longer work, and it gives the following error:
>Your image contains an embedded file

Any Forums has been stripping EXIF metadata for years. this isn't it.

Why are you even posting, zoomer OP? Nobody wants to read your newfag garbage.

It began in earnest with Any Forums lithursdays (before /lit/ was a thing) and moot quickly realized it could be used to hide cheese pizza; all compression signatures were scanned and rejected. EXIF stripping came a few years later when someone pwned Any Forums then harassed someone on Any Forums who was lying about her travel photos' locations.

The *earliest* scanning was for metadata that ended up in those stupid "download this image with the extension .htc then run it" gifs that had Windows scripts in them that would alter the image then repost it (this was before captcha).

I noticed Any Forums doesn't like progressive JPGs and will change them to baseline, thus changing the hash.