Ultrawide Monitors

What's Any Forums's opinion on ultrawide monitors, namely 32:9 monitors?
I really only see Reddit and YouTube ever talking about them, so I feel like their usage and market percentage are lower than what the internet would make you think.
That being said, I have a dual monitor setup and I really only put Discord/Teams/Slack/email/whatever on the secondary monitor, and it feels like a waste of space.

Attached: soy.jpg (1200x900, 107.63K)

I have a Samsung g9

Its super nice but it's also very annoying to support.

I use powertoys on windows to create custom fancy zones on it, makes it a lot more manageable. For games you are shit out of luck, they all look bad. Best option is windowed mode with some software to remove the titlebars (I forgot the name of it).

There's some flickering from the backlights sometimes when changing area on the screen but this can be adjusted with the black balance I guess.

Overall I love it, maybe not worth what I paid but I'm still happy to have it.

32:9 are kind of dumb. 21:9 is patrician.

Do you ever play a game and have Discord (text) open on the side?
I play MMOs mainly or single player games but that doesn't apply too much here. I feel like I would need to have:
8:9 | 16:9 | 8:9
Does DisplayFusion/PowerToys make that possibly? I have PowerToys on my 2x27" setup and it doesn't feel like it adds any virtualization but I haven't looked.

21:9 and just one monitor? That feels like a massive loss of real estate.

I have a 3440x1440 and a 2560x1440. It's nice for most things, but some older games can be a bit annoying to display properly.

It's good for movies and video games since it's the cinematic aspect ratio.

two or three monitors are more versatile and usable.

Yes I do play games with other content on the side.

I have 8 | 8 | 16

Enough for discord, YouTube, and a game

Powertoys "FancyZones" adds the snap points for it. To have the game ""full screen"" you need to use another software, I think I use Window Borderless Gaming. Take a look in to it

>For games you are shit out of luck, they all look bad.

Have you tried Flawless Widescreen? Pretty sure it has 32:9 support.

They're not special in any way other than being wide. It's fine if you like that, but you can get better performance for the same cost out of 16:9 panels.

I've not, looked in to it but it doesn't have support for what I play.

Some of the games I play will run on 5120*1440, but they just stretch shit to fuck and ruin the FOV

>Why yes, I use an ultrawide monitor. How could you tell?

Attached: 740full-aya-shalkar.jpg (740x913, 78.68K)

My buddy's mom is a radiologist and uses a 32:9 for her work. She loves it.

Haven't seen any higher than 2k resolution, but I love mine for working from home. Having a single ultrawide beats two distinct monitors any day.

I have one.. It works well for me. I feel like I shift my head less during the day leading to less neck pain. Only real complaint I have is it's not a standard so screenshares are kind of awkward.

It's for simmers with TrackIR

Attached: sheep.jpg (850x432, 70.91K)

so true!!! thanks bestie

I only support ultra wide monItors with PBP. Two PC’s with two seamless displays on one panel is pretty dope, seems like LG does it best, and for a price, but otherwise they seem kinda retarded for gaming, ok for productivity. The only resolution I like is 5120x2160, all other ultra wide resolutions are too low. But if you want two 1440’s side by side 5120x1440 makes sense but not for me.

21:9 vertical is the ultimate text reader display, absolutely based

A meme. 24" 240hz is perfect.