GNOME as a DE, KDE for apps

reddit.com/r/kde/comments/exitwp/as_a_gnome_user_i_love_kde_apps/

I came across this leddit thread and I kinda agree with the observation. GNOME is a more polished product and feels clean and snappy to use. But
>QT has lots of "killer" apps, while Gnome and Elementary have precisely 0 (if you only count Gnome-HIG compliant ones).
is pretty much spot on. For any serious GUI application I use KDE apps: Digikam, Kdenlive, Krita... There's no serious GNOME equivalents.

Anyone else using GNOME as a DE but lots of KDE apps? It's a pity that project to make Gtk and Qt work better together didn't take off.

Attached: 800px-Knome-0.1.jpg (800x432, 38.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rafaelmardojai/blanket
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kringe

I'm not a content creator, therefore the apps are all basically equal to me, so I go with what looks better on my desktop

Even then though. Like in the thread, Okular is really good. I use it on Windows too.

No, if I'm gonna use so many Qt apps of which some are KDE apps then I might as well use the superior DE, KDE Plasma

Attached: gnome.png (838x1198, 908.49K)

Yes. I'm a fan of Gnome, however Dolphin, KolourPaint, Okular and GwenView are all far superior to their gimped Gnome equivalents.

I fully believe that the simplicity of gnome apps is what makes them all fucking useless.
The only one I like is bottles because it's actually a complex application

>Kolourpaint
Krita

Evince does the trick.

Never had problem with GNOME apps, actually I prefer them, they do one thing and do it good, unlike KDE apps with hundreds of half assed features

What about Inkscape?

Attached: Inkscape_1.2_screenshot.png (1542x939, 149.63K)

Oh yeah Inkscape is a good Gtk app, but it's not a GNOME one as such. Notice that it follows classical UI as still used by Plasma, and not GNOME's modern headerbar stuff. Hence >(if you only count Gnome-HIG compliant ones

this but with cinnamon

There's a GNOME app I use on my KDE workstation called Blanket which helps me focus on getting my work done and helps me relax when I'm feeling stressed.

github.com/rafaelmardojai/blanket

Attached: screenshot-1.png (844x844, 42.81K)

I'm not running GTK+ and QT at the same time. Pick one. I pick QT.

I ran both of those and a heck of a lot more than that at the same time when I ran Windows. GTK and Qt together is no biggie to me.

Kekked & saved

I'd rather just run KDE. GNOME feels like it was made either for touchscreens or toddlers.

>gimped
>GIMP Tool Kit
Checks out

This seems stupid, just use kde plasma