Packages are years old (debian)

>packages are years old (debian)
>computer is years old (haswell)
>phone is years old (android 7)
>don't feel the need to upgrade at all

Who's ascended /poorfag/ here?

Attached: 932c532fb2f6e4fe69a2ca6af5728c5d.jpg (600x613, 53.99K)

i'm lowkey thinking about migrating from artix to devuan :(

Is this the daily poorfag cope general?

For phones there's no point to upgrade unless it breaks, but like hell am I keeping my PC the way it is.

>>packages are years old (debian)
windows doesn't have this problem
>>computer is years old (haswell)
move from india
>>phone is years old (android 7)
this is reasonable
>>don't feel the need to upgrade at all
probably don't need a car since you can take the bus

fartix

Attached: fartix.png (255x148, 31.06K)

I buy a new MacBook every 5 years or so. A new iPhone every 5 years as well.

>>packages are years old (debian)
>windows doesn't have this problem
Windows XP.

Why don't you switch to a newer version of Linux? You don't need anything fancy. Ubuntu Mate could work, or if you don't like that, Arch will carry you as far as you need to go on old hardware

kys tranimeposter

Attached: kd2iltyr9x481.png (768x719, 517.42K)

anime site

> muh anime site.

Attached: 1658407649033780 GIF-220721_084655.gif (689x429, 66.65K)

It's okay to be retarded, user

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Strike Witches - 501-butai Hasshin Shimasu! - 12 [720p]_00:04:40_02.jpg (1280x720, 98.43K)

seethe

>be long time poorfag
>get some money
>buy new thinkpad
>it is shitter than my old shitpad
never give up, poorfags

Why?

did you pick out the wrong image, tourist-san?

Attached: 1651200112233.png (680x882, 362.84K)

based
my strategy for spending as little as possible, without resorting to using shit hardware
>when device/components die--or simply can't hack it anymore--buy newest gen, but low-mid range
>run sensible non-bloated software on it
>keep it running 8+ years
>spend virtually nothing on machines
just upgraded my desktop (mobo, cpu, gpu) and phone in the last 2 years. Debian with dwm will keep a machine happy for maaany years. I also make sure to keep my compenents very cool (60c max) for increased longevity. I can recommend getting a case with very good cooling, and slap a monster cooler on the CPU
Phone runs lineage, and was a low mid range when bought.
Time does wonders to getting more juice for less money. I feel like, over time, you get the best price/performance ratio by simply getting the newest but cheapest non-chink shit. Top of the line cpu from 10 years ago gets its ass beaten by cheap ass cpus these days.

Attached: 1657745381646.gif (220x396, 1.59M)

>packages are years old (debian)
Well, run an update?

>computer is years old (haswell)
If it runs a lot then a newer model is interesting for power consumption reasons. Other than that if it's fast enough for what you do, why not?

>phone is years old (android 7)
Same thing but now the real power savings at lower usage are next to null and instead you mainly get a faster display/computer when you run at full speed. The new features in the OS are also not that fantastic.

honestly it might be distrohopper syndrome, but i'm kinda getting used of the rolling release/bleeding edge life, even though i only update my system once a week :')