Redpill Me On LED Street Lights

What's the deal with LED street lights? Why does everyone on here seem to hate them? Most arguments I hear are about how the comfy and full of SOVL yellow color is being replaced by a SOVLLESS white light that is brighter than the sun. Wouldn't the problem be fixed by just putting a yellow color filter over the LED street lights to give them SOVL again, or is there more to it than that?

Attached: comparison_photo_web.jpg (423x600, 42.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/8lpbx3.webm
youtu.be/U1dMlVwUsrA
youtu.be/wIC-iGDTU40
youtube.com/watch?v=esfjn91Lt1w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they fuck your night vision, driving in an area with LED streetlamps is a fucking nightmare.
The light bleed from the sodium lamps paired with the warmer temperature don't mess with your eyes as much, whereas a LED lamp will blind you as you drive under it then you hit a patch of pitch blackness as your eyes try to readjust to the dark.

they rape insects and that destroys ecosystems

I hate led headlights. They should be illegal

Is this a problem that is unfixable by putting a filter that yellows and dulls the LED streetlights?

You don't even need filters, there are yellow and orange leds

But subhuman cavepeople only care about eye raping white leds

So the problem is not the LED street lights themselves, but the retards choosing the worst color for them. Got it.

Their argument is that it helps pedestrians not get snuck up on and raped

Colder light coming from led influences sleep. In the city, where diffuse street light enters peoples rooms, this could mess with people.

files.catbox.moe/8lpbx3.webm

I like the LED ones, especially the one in the city near me that look slightly purple.

mental illness

the color is the only problem that I have from LED streetlights
does not matter that much when i am just walking, but on the night when i drive it fucks up my vision, the problem that could be fixed by using warmer temperature
also there is the SOVL effect but that is another thing

youtu.be/U1dMlVwUsrA
youtu.be/wIC-iGDTU40

They are replacing them because black people are completely invisible under the yellow sodium light.
As the country gets blacker, the street lights must get brighter to accomodate.
This is for safety reasons.

Only schizophrenics hate them because they don't have "muh sovl"

we should just say fuck it just go full RGB and have neon pink streets and neon blue streets etc we're already in homo cyberpunk times anyway

No you are just a bugman

LED ruin modern movies look too.

the warmer color of the HID don't destroy your night vision and have a better even lighting than led with it's blinding hotspots

Yes, I am definitely a "bugman" for caring more about money, time, and undoubtedly lives saved than your le epic nightwalk aesthetics.

>money, time, and undoubtedly lives saved
[citation needed]

LEDs last longer, use considerably less power and increase visibility while helping keep drivers awake.

Any Forums also thinks 24fps movies look better than 48fps.
But somehow games must be 140fps.
And a 15" 3:4 CRT is better than a 32" 9:16 4K LCD.

Any Forums is just retarded.

Is blinding drivers and destroying their night vision good for safety?

That's an insane misrepresentation. You see signs easier and react faster to bluer LEDs.

Movies and games are two different things. The higher fps definitely changes the feel of a film. It's an aesthetic preference.
And CRTs still have the best motion clarify, dummy, so they are better in that regard.

>It's an aesthetic preference.
No, higher fps is objectively better just like higher resolution.
>in b4 I prefer a 320p MPEG with compression artifacts because of autist..I mean artistic reasons.

film is an exposure based medium, a game frame is not
is that difficult for you to understand or something?

perfection is the enemy art
some genres of music are even built around low fidelity like black metal and noise pop
it's definitely good to have the greatest possible fidelity available, of course, but it isn't always necessary or even desirable
youtube.com/watch?v=esfjn91Lt1w