When did the web become so bloated?

I remember the early.2010s I can browse the internet with a 2 GB RAM Windows 7 laptop using Firefox comfortably without lags.
What has changed since then? Nowadays you can't even open 2 tabs and keep RAM usage under 1 GB.

Attached: images-371.jpg (561x302, 27.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hacks.mozilla.org/2021/05/introducing-firefox-new-site-isolation-security-architecture/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

software is getting slower faster than hardware is getting faster

>What has changed since then?
the developers completely forgot that users actually have hardware slower than their 128-core xenon with 256GB ram

HTML5 and Javascript has really fucked shit up, I remember back when Core 2 CPUs were lit as fuck on Windows XP and old internet, it was the fastest computing I'd ever experienced and this was like 2007-2008.

When Flash died, which is ironic.

>What has changed since then?
CPU vulnerabilities
hacks.mozilla.org/2021/05/introducing-firefox-new-site-isolation-security-architecture/

because most websites back then weren't bloated webapps with 5mb images and autoplaying videos
try reading any news article w js enabled, it's fucking unbearable

Javascript.

But Javascript has been around since early 2000s.

That doesn't even compare you absolute retard. JS was basically DHTML back then. You were lucky to have more than 30 lines in a script. Stop speaking.

Standalone js aka nodejs only came out in 2010, then they created npm and the idea of using hundreds of unstable small libraries to generate a website's js code.

On the HTML part things like responsive design, bootstrap and jquery were born at the same time.

Combine them and you get pretty much every modern website, while before CSS and JS were kept at bare minimum and processing was done mostly on the server side.

it was redeemed sir

Just use an old version of firefox and disable javascript.
That will make the web fast as fuck

Why do browsers need daily updates? In the early 2000s we had yearly updates.

Fucking this lol, I remember when firefox 3 came out in 2008, it was a huge deal, I haven't kept up but they're on Firefox 102

>2017
>play minecraft 1.7.10
>works smoothly
>2022
>minecraft 1.19
>doesn't even work in my computer without an opengl hack
>lags like shit
modern microsoft is a pajeet enterprise, they deserve to bankrupt

I think its because back then we were basically saving nothing. Pictures would load whenever you'd reload the website, cookies weren't a thing, no telemetry so no useless data was being saved and barely any scripts.
Nowadays when you open a page theres 30 scripts, 10 CSS pages, 5 cookies, tons of telemetry data being saved, every little icon is being loaded into RAM etc.
Everything just used to be super simple

>cookies weren't a thing
are you retarded, cookies always have been part of websites
holy shit I hate securitards so much

yes they existed, but not on literally every website for every little thing

Stop being poor. Buy a better PC.

This so much. Microsoft would do bankrupt by catering to the poorest.

Switch to Linux...