/wdg/ - Web development general

>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP
eloquentjavascript.net/Eloquent_JavaScript.pdf - A modern introduction to JavaScript
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - A good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
javascript.info/ - Quite a good JS tutorial
freecodecamp.org - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
theodinproject.com - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, and either Ruby on Rails / SQL, or Node.js / MongoDB
fullstackopen.com/en/ - Requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
flexboxfroggy.com/ and cssgridgarden.com/ - Learn flex/grid in CSS
phptherightway.com/ - A decent PHP resource
phptutorial.net - A PHP tutorial

>List of design resources
github.com/bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers

>All useful documentation in one place
devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have our own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using this format in your posts, the scraper will pick it up:
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: Flutter, Php, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Previous:

Attached: 61skJm1OLUL.jpg (907x1360, 106.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3SGWcDuAbQ8
drive.google.com/file/d/1msKbr0sW2gG7LfvuNq4AnJyml9KVkNc8/view?usp=sharing
165.232.151.164)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good morning sirs.
Please be doing the needful today.

Attached: 6eOCfCyT_400x400.jpg (400x400, 34.37K)

react clone with twitter app sirs

Fucking kneel
youtu.be/3SGWcDuAbQ8

Hey guys, is my Web Design interface looking good? drive.google.com/file/d/1msKbr0sW2gG7LfvuNq4AnJyml9KVkNc8/view?usp=sharing
I want feedback on the code too.

Attached: images.jpg (468x655, 28.43K)

needful exercise sir

>what my boss thinks I do
That's what I've been doing for the most part of the week, but you should edit that pic to have my dick out.
I'm also getting a new job soon because working with legacy code makes me want to kill myself.

can you be more specific? I also have a site: (165.232.151.164) and tying to get any job to flee from my shithole.

Why is MaterialUI so fucking bad

How React niggas be handling forms 'n shiet?
This dumb ass tutorial says they be using Formik or sumthing... it be looking hella stupid tho, for real.

React is overly complicated, you can't even do simple forms without having to jump through hoop n shit nc fr

whats the alternative to react then

Wht's the best solution, then?

Attached: 1394410845127.jpg (1440x1152, 249.88K)

God knows, I don't even use react because of this shit

Might not be the right place to ask, but I'll give it a shot

Back in 2014 or so I bought "Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel" through GoDaddy and made a shitty wordpress site for some mobile games I created at the time. Since probably 2017 I just used the FTP as a storage server and backed some shit up to it. I am paying $149 a year for "unlimited storage", "unlimited bandwidth", "unlimited subdomains" and whatnot.

Is there a VPS that could offer something similar for the same or lower price? I'd rather just set everything up myself with Nginx. I don't need unlimited space but something like 100GB or something would be nice. I plan on hosting a few smaller websites on the server (all with their own domains)

It seems like the few VPS options I've seen aren't at a fixed rate but rather pay for the amount of traffic the server is creating. What does Any Forums think? I don't really expect to have a LOT of traffic honestly

Attached: pepe.gif (70x70, 3.08K)

How difficult will it be to make a simple blog site in an SSG like Hugo assuming I am a retard?

I am a complete beginner and I have no idea what I am doing, but I know exactly what I want. I have a complete vision for the blog site as well. I look at what I want and I know it has to be easy for a web designer, but I am completely underwhelmed trying to start. I am not against hiring someone to do it for me, but my instinct is that it is not even difficult enough to hire anyone externally.

Literally all I want:

[Header up at the top with links to About, Posts, search, and whatever dumb shit I add later]
{Small hero section; maybe 400 pixels tall}
(Posts oriented 4 wide with about 3 rows visible. A picture, and short description underneath, and then option to 'load more' rows. Similar layout if user goes to post section, but can filter by categories laid out at the top)

Each post to have a place to give a rating 1-5 stars. Also a comment section with something like Commento++

That's it. It's that fucking simple. I imagine someone who knows what they are doing can do this in 20 minutes. How difficult would it be for me to learn the basic HTML, CSS skillsets to be able to create this? Or should I just mock it up and have a Pajeet do it for me?

I just have a input which sets useState for each field. Then submit all data once finished.

Do you really need a VPS? Just go with shared hosting for a lot cheaper. Unless you are getting thousands of users a day you don't need a VPS, especially when you are just using it for Web dev.

>bloated ass unreadable code (assuming it's not a babbys first signup form)
>no input error monitoring
>no way to find which input was visited
>no easy way to setup field validation

watch Luke Smith.