Bruh How the fuck?

Bruh How the fuck?

Attached: CrystalDiskInfo 8.17.3 x64 7_23_2022 12_52_01 PM.png (672x647, 59.56K)

Now you understand what a warrenty and return period is for.

....its a white label.... from ebay.....

Talk to the ebay seller then.

its only 18 sectors, that's like what? 9.2k bytes??

at first I thought it was a hitachi smart AC with botnet consuming 4tb of data

Assuming each sector is 4096 like with most drives, its 73,728 bytes, still not much only a few megs out of 4tb's, that being said its likely this will spread and effectively rot away

thats not a few megs bro thats a few kilobytes, but yeah it'll spread

Well maybe now you know why they put a white label on it and sold it on eBay for cheap instead of putting Hitachi on it and selling it for normal prices.

ebay's pretty good dealing with returns, I bought a drive some years back that was new still factory sealed and it developed bad sectors in the first day and I just contacted the seller and got a refund after I mailed it back to him with his shipping label.

that is nothing just reformat fully it and it will clear

literally only 18 sectors bro THATS NOTHING, you could literally just leave it, couple corrupted kilobytes out of literally 3.6 terrabytes, you could format it and it would probably fix it, just move its files to another drive in a temp folder

you lost the lottery in reverse, too bad

Formatting it did not work :c

It's a used drive. It was likely known to be failing when it was sold to you. They reset the SMART statistics to make it look brand new OOB.

Dude its only 18 sectors
id hardly call 18 sectors failing, a mild annoyance at best

dude i'm sure that thing is like old old. like 8 years old

the newest one not hitachi anymore, it's HGST

sorry if i'm wrong thought

Attached: HGST-Ultrastar-DC-HC510-10TB-CrystalDiskInfo.jpg (800x879, 251.47K)

Damn, sucks for you. I bought a 4TB Hitachi 8+ years ago on ebay and it still works. It outlived many of my newer Toshiba, WD and Seagate.
Hitachis have been very reliable for me. I have a few that are even older and still works fine.

Attached: 1658190302214.jpg (671x641, 96.66K)

>id hardly call 18 sectors failing, a mild annoyance at best
Any bad sectors on a new disk is usually a sign of things to come.

Only time will tell, he'll just have to keep an eye on it, I have two 1tb drives with like 400 bad sectors on them and theyve been like this for years, long as its not his boot who cares? What data is he storing on there other than steam games lbr

Keep the program running in the background (there's a setting so that it auto-starts minimized in the tray) and it pings you when there are more failures
My 10 year old HDD has had 129 reallocated sectors for about a year now and it's been fine