It scares me how we have no way of producing x86 silicon in any capacity without the help of Intel...

It scares me how we have no way of producing x86 silicon in any capacity without the help of Intel. I know some autists have tried, but anything, just anything resembling a modern CPU even from 20 years ago that can run any sort of legacy executions would be enough. But, we simply don't have that and I fear we never will and it will be lost forever because of "proprietary" bullshit and Intel being greedy keeping all of the secrets to themselves, despite some of the tech being super outdated.

pic related. lost forever, we may never know how the ancients did this. The same could be said about ALL of our modern software if there isn't any hardware left to power them.

Attached: 1658088491827200.png (1245x941, 1.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/In-the-CPU-manufacturing-process-how-do-they-apply-copper-to-the-silicon-wafer-after-the-pattern-is-etched
instagram.com/josemanuelcastroescultor/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are those rocks made of exotic matter

quora.com/In-the-CPU-manufacturing-process-how-do-they-apply-copper-to-the-silicon-wafer-after-the-pattern-is-etched
No idea though

>pic related. lost forever, we may never know how the ancients did this. The same could be said about ALL of our modern software if there isn't any hardware left to power them.
you're dumb

>pic
QRD?

retards falling for facebook clickbait

AMD?

Ancient peoples had techniques to carve stone with relative ease, despite having only access to copper tools. Granite has a significantly higher hardness level than copper, bronze and iron. Egyptians were able to carve statues out of granite, something not even the Romans were capable of doing. It wasn't until the middle ages, with the advent of steel did it become possible to carve granite, but even then, that was reserved for masonry in buildings, not more complex objects like sculptures. Late medieval sculptors were using soft marble, not granite to carve statues out of.

Attached: pramidofsenusretii.jpg (2323x1160, 575.29K)

Low IQ

Maybe they used diamond encrusted rope or something.
They'd just pull the rope back and forth for a long time until it was cut

yeah sure, a rope totally cut that perfect granite box, yet there are almost no ropes found on these sites, no carving marks on the granite finish like modern cut granite countertops. try again.

where are the diamond encrusted ropes? they have not found any lmao. even the copper cutting tools with diamonds has been debunked because there would be thousands of them on the construction site on account of how much they wear with just one cut, as tested by university students.

Yeah, if 1900 people found a modern CPU they'd have no fucking clue how to make one.

instagram.com/josemanuelcastroescultor/

they're sculptures

I think is modern art made with modern tools and OP is just memeing but he is right about CPUs

modern x86 being a black box is what makes it a desirable IP to begin with

its not like x86 is good man. there's plenty of other architectures orders of magnitude better, and open. the real issue is porting to shit them, and by shit i mean windows because everything else can already run on them

>>>/aig/

the richest king in the world at the time hired the best artisans and craftsmen? wtf da alienz must have dun it

I couldn't find the 4th picture. is it there?

you're a faggot and full of shit. just because amd pays intel royalties doesn't mean they are incapable of producing cpus without their help. i assume you don't know about via's chinese adventure either? because the one thing that chinks can be relied on for is "stealing" ip.

Not really a problem, we can make 68K and that is a fairly straightforward processor that does the job.

you're an idiot, you can partially liquefy granite into a slurry and re-set it just like cement
isn't done anymore today at large scales, but there's old books about the process

> other architectures orders of magnitude better
That is a stretch, pretty much all architectures quickly turn into a complete mess once they start piling on thousands of complex instructions such as SIMD.