How is Windows marketshare still at nearly 90% when all I see in the real world are people with MacBooks and companies...

How is Windows marketshare still at nearly 90% when all I see in the real world are people with MacBooks and companies running Linux servers?

Attached: 1598632s.jpg (670x458, 24.52K)

There's a lot more to the real world than your college class.

hospital computers
pharmacies
ATMs
there are (windows) computers all around you

excluding servers and android phones, linux is what? 1% of desktop users?

The average person has a windows laptop that cost $300. If you're in IT it will be skewed to Macbooks/XPS etc since they love to spend money

>state college
>windows laptops
>top ivy
>macbooks with the occasional thinkpad
i mean, if you have the money, then why not

>all I see in the real world
70% of windows cumputers you do not see in the public
>companies running Linux servers?
the market share is usually measured by HTTP requests user agent part. servers do not usually make outgoing http requests to sites that count that kind of shit

get out of your bubble, everybody uses windows in kiosks, hotels, etc. poorfags also all use windows

One requires telemetry. The other does not. "WHY DO OUR REPORTS ONLY SHOW WINDOES USERS?!?!?!?"

>all I see in the real world are people with MacBooks and companies running Linux servers?
this has to be bait

Don't forget the NPCs! Those use windows just for zoom and google drive

this windows computers are fucking everywhere

Even in colleges most general computer labs are full of windows machines, even if everyone on campus has a mac laptop

Linux would be twice the desktop market share of MacOS if it had three decades of contracts/advertising. Mac will all it's paid shills still can't play games in 2022 and old hardware gets software locked $$$

>he quoted the whole post and said this has to be bait
>he did the thing!
>we did it reddit!

>all I see in the real world are people with MacBooks
literally every office job is some dell desktop running windows

go back

I'm pretty sure that website called StatCounter or whatever that everyone uses to check OS market share, gets their data from their trackers that are blocked by uBlock Origin.

Gaming on a Mac wouldn't be a meme if Apple provided a Vulkan driver or the MoltenVK wrapper wasn't stuck focusing on VK1.1.

Why is VK1.1 a problem? Well, every single graphics processor that I know of that supported Vulkan in the first place can do 1.2, making it a constant for game devs to target.

>no ur reddit
>no u
kill yourself

maybe 2

Attached: kys.png (340x108, 4K)

I work in a 10k-100k company and nobody uses MacBooks other than marketing and some spoilt exec's.