Tech companies you hate

For me it's HP
>Hard mode: no Apple

Attached: file.png (1061x1704, 1.39M)

>mobo used with several different models
>the cheap model doesn't have the slot populated for cost reasons
welcome to capitalism, what do you want?

Any software from FENUC. It's all garbage.

And for the price they charge it should give me a fucking rimjob.

FANUC

the Intel-Dell-HP-Microsoft axis. UEFI, TPM, Pluton, and ACPI were designed by microsoft, for microsoft, then unquestioningly implemented by Intel and OEMs and released as "open standards" with near zero documentation
pluton is nothing new, microsoft has been shoving shitty hardware and firmware down the industry's throat for 30 years

Challenge accepted: Microsoft.

Attached: 1652434214653.jpg (543x540, 36.04K)

So true comrade! Under glorious communism there is only one laptop model authorized for manufactured by the state per decade and decadent SSD option is forbidden!

Attached: 1658591270962.png (335x349, 72.14K)

Because I had to do a tedious migration at work after the CentOS nonsense some months ago, Red Hat.
That's how most hardware is codeveloped.

They all suck, some less than others. Hardware, software, doesn't matter. As a repair tech the worst is HP imo, with Microshaft and Applel a close second.

> only the extremes exist
How tiring

apple

Can we extend this to just software we hate? Basically everything related to FPGAs is absolutely fucking horseshit. So Altera/Intel/Xilinx. FPGAs *could* be a super interesting technology, but to use them you have to download gigabytes of shitty proprietary GUI tools that don't work well on neither Windows nor Linux. Everything is scripted with the awful shit language known as Tcl where "everything is a string," things randomly break, you need license keys for everything, documentation is non-existant, man I could go on.

FPGAs will never take off until we have something like OpenGL/GCC, i.e. a free and universal toolchain.

What do you expect from retards. Nice trips.

Good morning satan.

As an HP employee, I can confirm this. I tried to upgrade the ram in the zbook they gave me to work on because the VM I had to run on it was killing it. Some zbook models have ram channels on both sides of the motherboard, but it's really difficult to tell exactly if the model you have is like this. I called the INTERNAL EMPLOYEE line and they had no fucking clue how to tell either.

>As an HP employee
leak datasheets or gtfo

use partsurfer, retard. boards with different ram slot configurations will have different model numbers

Yeah I figured it out eventually it's just it's crazy they couldn't tell me how their own damn machines are built
I built software for their server racks/ilos, I don't have access to anything cool.

>I built software for their server racks/ilos, I don't have access to anything cool.
Neat.

Well Apple is a marketing company, not a tech company, so they don't qualify anyways.
So I guess I have to say Foxconn, Apple's parent company.

HP have quietly transformed into Dell over the years and they don't get nearly enough shit for it.