BEST Linux Distro for Ancient Computer from 2006?

The computer I'm talking about is a compaq 6510b, with 2gb ram and 120gb hdd

And I already tried PuppyLinux but it doesn't work well unless I boot it off a flash drive which I don't want to do. I can't seem to install it into the HDD for some reason. I want it to boot directly into the OS without the flashdrive. I've given up on PuppyLinux

I tried Q4OS but it's too slow. Even just single clicking on the taskbar items takes a second to load the submenu.

I want it to be super lightweight. The only thing I will need it for is web browsing, maybe youtube every once in a while. But above all I just want it to perform fast. I don't care if it looks dogshit like Puppylinux.

Is there another distro like Puppylinux that works on hardware from that age?

Attached: SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-15-SP1.jpg (1200x1200, 70.78K)

>ancient computer
>web browsing
kek
>youtube
TOP KEK

Alpine with IceWM or antiX.
>inb4 commies/trannies

should've known what I meant when I said it was from 2006 broseph

yt-dlp+mpv pipe, my dude
puppy linux

any others?

gentoo with distcc

not for me

post processor specs, if its some AMD 1GHz single core there's no way it can be used for youtube playback; also check HDD status if you think it is unreasonably slow even for simple non-web tasks

>linux
>lowspec
HAHAHHAHAHHAH
just stick to XP user. literally not a SINGLE linux distro can MOG XP's RAM and CPU usage, this is FACT.
have fun trying to use older non-bloated web browsers too, impossibru, thank the repo jannies and dependency autism.

Attached: beatopc.png (400x400, 122.64K)

I looked it up online and this is what came up. I guess it came with Vista originally. I bought it used off an ebayer and it had Windows 7 on it. Ran pretty good until it didn't.

HP Compaq 6510b Intel Core™2 Duo Processor T7300 1024M/80G 14.1" WXGA DVD+/-RW DL WVST Bus Notebook PC 35.8 cm (14.1") Intel® Core™2 Duo 1 GB 80 GB Intel® GMA X3100 Windows Vista Business

be it me I would reinstall Windows 7 32bit on it but if you want to use linux then something like Lubuntu 18.04LTS (I think this is the last one that came with LXDE) *should* perform okay, then install the browser of your choice and the h264ify addon but don't expect miracles, that GMA iGPU is not cut for modern video playback anymore

I had Lubuntu on it actually and it took 10 minutes to boot. I'm not kidding. Every single time I tried it, it took about 10 minutes to boot. It was pretty slow as well.

Q4OS booted up way faster but isn't as good in performance for some reason. I'm installing Bodhi right now.

Puppilinux has been the best so far, but like I said, I couldn't install it to the hard drive for some reason.

2007 vaio
xp took 2 minutes to load then another one to be usable, and laptop overheats...
trisquel loads in 10-20 seconds, consumes half the ram, and that's a pretty bloated distro...

>I can't seem to install it into the HDD for some reason.
Make sure you're using a BIOS bootloader, not UEFI.

Taking a look at some Window Mangers to replace the Desktop Environment is something worth doing, even if a WM increases the difficulty of using Linux a bit, it's usually the most resource hungry.
I've heard good things about antiX as an option for very low end systems, but the lowest I've had was an Elitebook 8460p, and that has an i5-2520m, fully capable of running Ubuntu up to like 20.04.

>Desktop Environments are usually the most resource hungry thing on Linux.
Excuse me.

Debian with XFCE or LXDE

>youtube
no disto is going to make a 2006 computer run youtube. your computer simple does not have the hardware for this. you gpu does not support the codecs.
>web browsing
the web is heavy as fuck. browsers are full of APIs, parsing has become a nightmare, js is slowing your browser down, css has more selectors that your computer has ram. browsers are heavy and they require modern instruction set extensions. they also simply do not work.
this does not depend on any distro at all.
these fuckers are absolutely right.

>boots up browser that doesn't care whether you're on poopy or n00buntu
>dies
OH NONONO

64 bit or not?
Minute on Google didn't give me an answer.

just use xubuntu or lububtu if you're just using it for browsing.

Tiny Core

MX Linux, xfce option. Should be just fine for something that ancient.

Attached: emmexx.png (1130x1024, 19.71K)

why would you recommend this over debian

It's honestly preference, that's all a distro choice really is for basic usage like OP is asking. Debian is a perfectly fine choice as well.

Attached: flavourtown.jpg (1200x720, 151.45K)