Analyze this site

I'm from Finland and the biggest social media platform we have is called Ylilauta dot org. It's basically an imageboard gone wrong.
It's used by hundreds of thousands of people, and nobody seems to think there's anything wrong with the site. Everyone's addicted to it. But I'm very suspicious of this site for several reasons. Since Finns don't want to scrutinize this site, maybe you guys could?

>You need to wait 24 hours before you can start using Ylilauta. Why? No site does this. Nobody seems to mind though. A lot of people seem to think it's a "good thing" and some have even said they'd gladly wait a week because it helps keep banned incels from ban evading.

>The 24-hour wait was first a temporary feature. Admin said it was to prevent incel posters to keep coming back, which I think was an excuse to please the crowd. I told everyone it would become permanent. Nobody believed me. 6 months later it did become permanent. Nobody cares or reads my threads about it. Admin just reacted "ok." to my rant when I demanded to know why.

>You can't use the site on older iOS versions. It's just a site that displays text and images. What part of the code requires iOS 15? Is it just poorly made or is there some kind of AI running in the background, analyzing posters?

>Servers are located in Malta, not Finland. And yes, the site generates significant income. Considering that the Ylilauta team consists of paid coders, I'd say the site nets tens of thousands every month.

Attached: boardhell.png (1768x728, 185.33K)

Nice post
Didnt read

/unsubscribed

Ah hello Ylilauta admins. Gotta silence the truth amirite?

Not doing your homework, retard.

You're dumb as hell, retard.

>You can't use the site on older iOS versions. It's just a site that displays text and images. What part of the code requires iOS 15?
The site doesn't work without javascript so try looking at the client side code with your browser's debugger. There's probably something there that iOS 15 safari doesn't support.

test

huh, cookie idea is neat (obviously that specific implementation sounds dumb, but)
rest of it sounds retarded though

There's an even worse website around, ever heard of karachan.org? don't look it up

>Sivuston käyttäjämäärä kasvaa suureksi ja datan hyödyntäminen ja kontrollointi alkaa kiinnostamaan isoja varakkaita toimijoita.

Aikamoinen mysteeri, herra Watson.

Attached: pl.jpg (500x503, 59.85K)

>cookie idea is neat

What's neat about it? I was once in real trouble and needed to ask anons a question but couldn't because of le 24-hour block.

I've been on the site before, I'm a finnabo. Live in Michigan USA but MUH ANCESTORS are finnish
The humor is totally baseless and deranged
It feels like Any Forums from 2007 except with zoomers

not my problem

Oiskohan pointtina että haluan käyttäjäkunnan tajuavan tämän ja Sopsyn myöntävän sen.
Ylilautaan ollaan niin kovaa addiktoituneita ettei ketään edes kiinnosta miten käyttäjiä pannaan perseeseen.
Kukaan ei pysty lopettamaan sen käyttöä paitsi tietty minä

I asked you what's neat about it. My theory is that it just enforces you to never flush your cookies meaning that you can be singled out by """Them""" more reasily.

Sounds horrifying. I wouldn't use such a site. I only ever use private or incognito modes in a browser, so I wouldn't be able to use it even if I wanted to.

what does this have to do with technology? this board is just worksafe Any Forums now

Totuushan on nämä mainitsemasi asiat eivät haittaa suurinta osaa ihmisistä. En siis tarkoita että tämä olisi hyvä asia, vaan että se vain nyt on näin.
Guugle, Facebook jms. vakoilee ja porukan reaktio on tyyliin: "Jaa... ok"

>I only ever use private or incognito modes in a browser, so I wouldn't be able to use it even if I wanted to.

Well, I was like this too. But it's almost impossible to stop using Ylilauta so I changed all of my privacy policies simply to keep shitposting on there.
When you shitpost and fight anons 8 hours a day you cant stop

neekerikarja taas vauhis

you can clear your cookies however often you want, the cookie just needs to be 24 hours old before you can post
what seems to be the problem?

>You can't use the site on older iOS versions.
phoneposters btfo

>what seems to be the problem?

I use incognito, and turn off my PC at night. It never gets to 24 hours before resetting.

>well start using Ylilauta in normal browsing mode

That means the admin can profile the shit out of me and build a personality profile based on my posts. I want to stop this from happening and the best way is to fuck the system by changing your identity several times a day and never post the same image twice.

t. posting from incognito right now

>phoneposters btfo

Not really, 99% of the userbase is phone zoomers.
The admin isn't trying to shun phone posters. The admin has implemented complicated tech on the shite. God knows what.

>Nobody seems to mind though. A lot of people seem to think it's a "good thing"
>Nobody cares or reads my threads about it. Admin just reacted "ok." to my rant when I demanded to know why.
it's one thing if everyone complains but no one does anything because of inertia (i.e. the state of Any Forums) but this seems like something else entirely - you're the only one who has a problem with it.
It seems like the culture of the site is moving and no longer a good fit for you, why do you stay?

wow, only seven posts until these northniggers started speaking in their abomination of a language

>you're the only one who has a problem with it

Yes, I know. I guess you're thinking I'm the problem. But the truth is that 99% of people don't give a crap that sites abuse them and steal their information. This confuses the hell out of me. If people are already this addicted to their digital drug, we're in for a global disaster.

takas sinne ylifoorumille vitun jonne

I would never respond 'not my problem', user.
I mean just the idea of having the cookies so you can't just unplug router and skirt any moderation. 24 hour post timer is stupid.

The site is broken, it tells me to upgrade to firefox even though I'm using the latest version of nightly firefox
I'm glad that I'm not a Finn

Das rite, cry westboi

But come on give us a break, Finns keep getting banned from Any Forums and therefore can't post in the containment thread.