/pcbg/ PC Building General

>UPGRADE & BUILD ADVICE
Post build list or current specs including MONITOR: pcpartpicker.com/
Provide specific use cases (e.g. video editing, competitive gaming, streaming etc.) and your country.

>NEWS
AMD Zen4 - As early as late September; 19-35% performance gains expected
V-cache Zen4 some time late this year. Likely same time as 13900k.
Some RX 7000, RTX 4080 - Soon after Zen4
RTX 4060/4050, RX 7500 - likely not until H2 2023
Intel will likely remain the best option for poor people unless Zen4 comes to AM4

>RECOMMENDED CPUs
HTPC(4K60)/Web Browsing: i3 10105
Budget Gaming: i3 12100/F > R5 5500
Gaming: R5 5600/X, i5 12400F+cooler
Multicore: R9 5900X/5950X, i7 12700/F
Best Gaming: R7 5800X3D
k CPUs are not recommended

>RECOMMENDED GPU PERFORMANCE LEVEL
Budget 1080p: Used GTX 1060, RX 470/580
1080p: RX 6600/XT
1440p: RX 6700 XT, RTX 3060ti
2160p: RX 6800XT, RTX 3080 12GB, RX 6900 XT

>RAM
Minimum: 2x 8GB DDR4 3200CL16/3600CL18
Recommended: 4x 8GB DDR4 3600CL16 (any rank) or 2x dual-rank 16GB DDR4 3600CL16

>RECOMMENDED COOLERS
linustechtips.com/topic/891730-cpu-cooler-performance-tier-list/

>RECOMMENDED PSUs
Silver+ from Seasonic, Superflower, Corsair, EVGA (aim for 75% of total PC power)
Take into account transient spikes when sizing your PSU to your GPU, especially with Nvidia
cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

>RECOMMENDED SSDs
ssd.borecraft.com/

>MOTHERBOARD INFO:
AM4 B550/X570 - CPU-less BIOS flash feature advisable if pairing with Zen 3
overclock.net/threads/vrm-on-the-new-am4-motherboards.1624051/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yPS3hj_K7EPT4RBWCyjdKNP56pnwDz-IgBc0975-FUg

>RECOMMENDED MONITORS
rtings.com/monitor/
pcmonitors.info/
displayninja.com/buying-guide/

Previous:

Attached: 1658578953790088.png (2181x1152, 506.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/NVBFbK
twitter.com/AnonBabble

im still a broke gamer
a 1060 in here was almost double the price
i still wanna hear whats the average 1050ti last

Is the NZXT N7 decent when I don't plant to run DDR5?

Offtopic, but god I wish Yuiko Kurugaya would step on me

Attached: 1658520303733056.jpg (3393x4805, 1.34M)

Gonna post again: pcpartpicker.com/list/NVBFbK

Budget is 1500 or so. Had a 3060 added before but already got told that for the price I was gonna get it at (460€) it was a bad deal. Although I found a user which is selling a 3060 Ti FE for 400 (Same price as BestBuy and NVidia) so I might get that. I could always get an equivalent or lower for a better price and value. I mostly plan on gaming and sometimes do blender without having to think about upgrading for a while. Also I'm unsure if this would be a good monitor.

Literally just stop being poor.

Being poor is a choice.

>3060 Ti FE for 400
that's a good price
>hyper 212 for $80
that's absolutely horrible, even $40 is too much for that cooler.

just bought zotac 3080 ti 12 gb
what am i in for

Had my computer killed by my batshit insane roommate, again..
Looking for the cheapest possible computer I can buy that will let me do digital art and playing RPGs (at 1440p resolution)
I had just ordered a 6800XT to upgrade the now shattered computer, so that's set to arrive one these days but it leaves me with a very crumbled budget.
I was thinking of a i3 10100f + h510 (1440p so more GPU dependent, I think?) because it really has to be as cheap as possible while still performing decently

Recommendations are « very » welcome.

It's actually going for 47€ atm in Spain, which is where I'm buying. Any replacements?

>Had my computer killed by my batshit insane roommate, again
story pls

>again
You mean this has happened before? Are you gonna keep spending money on a new PC before getting rid of the guy? Seems it would be cheaper

Noctua Noctua NH-U12S redux goes for €51, that's only a little over budget

what happened

Working on it, but he's family so it's complicated.
For now I'm in dire need of a decent replacement pc however
Long story short, took my cousin in after he lost his house when his wife broke up with him, but the guy has some serious anger and alcohol issues.
Can't kick him out just like that because he's family and obviously going trough a bit of a rough time but working on a solution to get him back on his own feet asap because it's honestly terrifying to have him around.

managed to cop a 3080ti for cheap as fuck

what system should I build around it that will last me long term and be able to handle some work station/ simulations? Relatively new to this stuff.

Kick him out or you're a cuck

How about the 12100f? If you have to get a motherboard may aswell go alder lake.

who cares why he lives with you, how did he manage to kill your PC? you need to hit it with something very intentionally at specific spots to destroy components

Alder lake is quite on the expensive side around here, about 2x - 2,5x the price of a 10th gen system. (when including the motherboard etc.)
Basically he ravaged the living room, killed the TV, monitors - threw around desk chair, my computer has it's sidepanel off and he kicked inside of it repeadetly judging from the damage.

make him pay for it
he has to realize hes a issue
afaik your settings are fine
is your storages confirmed fine?

>my computer has it's sidepanel off and he kicked inside of it repeadetly judging from the damage
mate, he is going to kick you next and even try to kill you if left as is. warning you. deranged alcoholics is no joke.

quite literally send him to fucking jail
id accept some retarded shit like puking all over everything but intentionally breaking things makes him not a issue but a menance
hit him with the repair bill or boot him out of your home. it will happen again just as you have already allowed it to happen

>my computer has it's sidepanel off and he kicked inside of it repeadetly judging from the damage.
on side note, your CPU is likely fine, storage probably, MB is 100 done for but if GPU isn't bent it may have simply loped off PCIe slot with it and is fine too. check every component for physical damage, half of it may be fine.

Thanks for your concern, I'm working on it
Do you think the 10100f with H510 would do for now? Or should I return the 6800XT I had ordered days priror and put it towards a cheaper GPU so that I have more to spend on the other parts that I need to buy new?
He has absolutely no money whatsoever, unfortunately
the HDDs I imagine are dead, but I think the SSD could still work. I don't have a device to try it on at the moment unfortunately, but for this I found a pretty good solution.. Found a nice deal on a Seagate HDD and a Intenso SSD, would get me started at least I imagine

it is really hard to break a CPU unless you hit it with a hammer and even then you have to be thorough, it's likely fine, find a motherboard for it.

thats a good point, the tower cooler might have saved the CPU
the GPU on the broken PC would not survive multiple kicks, likely the PCIE connectors are gone

he has to understand the issue
he has money for booze
boot him
sue him
dont let him push you
might consider dropping the SSD and work on HDDs only
do you have cloud storage to have your files on backup? it might compensate then to have a friend check if the storages are fine

Thank you for your good advice, I did check the components. Out of all, I think maybe one SSD and the CPU could be fine, but for the CPU I can't get a replacement motherboard because there's no motherboards for sale around here that support it. (Tried looking at second hand market, but unfortunately that's very small here)
The power supply is maybe fine too, I'd have to test it together with the SSD.
In my country they sadly don't care much about such matters, but thank you for your advice. I'm working on getting him out of here, asap

Managed to find the Mobo, a WD SN570 1TB and the Noctua cooler another user said and I managed to reduce almost 80€ in price (assuming I get the 3060 Ti FE from that other dude)

Actually I could maybe inform at some local companies if they have any leftover computers with socket for my CPU and see if I can buy the motherboard from them.. Didn't think of this yet, but if the CPU is safe in most of cases then this is definitely worth a shot I imagine

>likely the PCIE connectors are gone
easy to visually check, if it's only a little bent it could be okay, they even fix broken connections on PCBs at repair shops, could be cheaper to fix than buy a new one

the way your finances are short it might justify looking for a repair company that can try to verify your stuff
do you have a notebook to work from? in my experience with motherboard it usually is worth to wait to get something that will last a long time
altho with your guest this might not be a thing too

3080 ventus 3x plus or gigabyte gaming OC? Both at same price and not living in US